“Outstandidng Dim Sum”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great dim sum restaurant with well executed favourites presented by well staffed carts. It's a Sunday institution in Dallas so get there early or you will be waiting a while.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

All I wanted was a simple Chinese meal, a soup and an entree, with hot tea.
At 7 pm on a Tuesday, the restaurant was mostly empty, and I got seated right away. I was presented with an extensive menu and a dim sum sheet (apparently, Kirin is known for its dim sum).
Well, I didn't feel like dim sum that particular evening, but the waiter appeared shocked that I did not choose any, and repeatedly tried to verify that I really did not mean to order dim sum. No, don't want any dim sum. But I would like some soup.
There was an extensive collection of soups on the menu, but most offered only group pricing. I did not feel like egg drop or hot-and-sour, but when I tried to order some other ones, the waiter actively discouraged me saying the portion was too big. I might not have cared - can always take the rest home! - but then I spotted Shrimp Wonton soup, which was priced half-way between group and single soups. Well apparently that was a problem too, for whatever reason, but in the end, he did permit me to order and I did end up with a single-serving bowl. It was OK; I would have been happier with something more flavourful, even for a few dollars more and even if I had to take most of it home.
For the main course, I chose seafood medley with spicy salt. "(Spicy)" was an additional warning the menu; alas, it was not needed. It was salty all right, but not at all spicy. The scallops were soft and tasty; squid and other morsels not as much.
In the end, it was an OK meal, not much different from any other Chinese place, at a fairly reasonable price.
But the confusion with the dim-sum and soup was unfortunate.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I went with a friend of mine that goes there often. She is from Hong Kong so I always go have Chinese with her. :-)

This place is really good. I love their dim sum menu and we had Chinese broccoli and orange beef. All of this was very good!

On a Tuesday night it was not crowded at all which allowed us to easily converse too.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I have a group of friends that meet here at least twice a month for the DimSum. We have tried the other places around Dallas but nothing compares. We normally share about 6 or 7 different dumplings plus the great sticky rice. Yesterday day we ordered a half Peking duck. It was great the skin was crispy and meat succulent, this is a now a new go to dish once a month. If you like DimSum you have to try Kirin Court, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I had lunch with my former co-workers here.
The Cantonese items tastes good.
But the waiters were kind of slow and indifferent.
We were seated immediately.
We asked water no ice but were served water with ice.
After that, we kind of having difficulty to find our waiter.
We needed to stop some other staff to get our orders.

Besides that, no one came to our table to pick up dirty utensils.

We were not willing to leave tips but we did leave tips before we left.