“Fried Shrimp and Oysters!!!!”
Review of Baytown Seafood

Baytown Seafood
Ranked #18 of 122 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Down home style restaurant with your classic choices of seafood. We have only been there once and had fried oysters and shrimp and found them to be fresh and delicious. Some places put way too much batter on those, but not at Baytown....just the right amount to be fried up to a golden brown and keep all that fresh seafood taste locked in.
The only alcoholic beverage they serve is beer, but they will allow you to bring your own wine if you wish....no cocktails are served.
We are definitely going back.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

This is a "seafood" restaurant as is advertised in the name. We tried the gumbo for our appetizers and not only did it taste bad there was no seafood, only chicken. The soup base was dark grey and gummy, had a more Asian taste to it. For the main course, I had grilled shrimp which were very overcooked and tasteless. My husband had their seafood platter which was not much food and also overcooked. Service was not good, ran out of tea halfway through the meal and the waiter never came out for us to flag him down for a refill. Needless to say, that will be our one and only trip to that place.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

No haute cuisine here, but generous servings at very good prices (6 fried Gulf shrimp, fries, salad...$6.99! Also, oysters, scallops, catfish fried or grilled.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

The menu had tons of options. The place was packed. I ordered the combo plate of fish and shrimp. It was delicious, fresh and well prepared. The service was fast and friendly. When the waiter figured it was my first trip there, he went over the different dishes and specialties. Worth the meal!

Reviewed 25 February 2015

excellent service and fresh seafood. the gumbo is a favorite of mine. my son loves the popcorn shrimp. my husband always goes for the catfish. we love it.