“Good Chinese Food”

China Buffet
Ranked #17 of 34 Restaurants in Rockdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 December 2017

China Buffet is a good Chinese buffet. For a small town, it has an excellent selection of food and the steam table where it is serves is steaming hot. The owners and servers were very friendly and helpful.

The food was fresh and well prepared. They manage the buffet quite well with none of the food getting "old". We found it to be tasty...we ate too much.

There is a parking problem however. The location and the area is why I cannot give it more than average. There are only a few spots in front of the restaurant and the owner is always parked there. So, that is NOT good for business. The owner should park somewhere else other than prime parking. They have signs saying additional parking in the rear. At night it is very dark back there and right behind the restaurant is an old rundown motel that is still in business. Old cars, junk, trash is every where right behind the restaurant. I would NEVER park back there and I guess that is why the owner parks in front. Besides being trashy, it is so dark I would not feel comfortable parking there.

So, if you can park in front (maybe 6 spots there minus the one the owner uses), then this is not a bad place to eat.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Good service and tasty food all served fresh, not too busy on the evening we visited and there was a good selection of Chinese cuisine on offer

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

We love this place!! Food is always fresh and good!! We have eaten here several times and love coming here! Service is great. This place is a real gem.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and i were hungry and it was after nine and not wanting fast food this place was only place open so we thought we should try it. We were not disappointed we was expecting old food that been sitting out for awhile due to the fact it was close to closing time. Food was still hot and fresh with a good selection considering it being a small place, they were very friendly and nice. The cups are huge I usually drink about 3 or 4 sodas in one sitting in couldn't finish one. If I could do half rating I'll give 4.5 actually was one of the top Chinese buffet places I've been to, just really only problem we had was the seats were uncomfortable

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

The food was decent and the place was clean. Seats are old and worn, and decor could use updating, but what I ate was tasty. Most of the food wasn't HOT, though - just warm, so it would've been better if I'd gone when it was busy ... so they'd constantly be putting out fresh. I did like it though, and will go back of I'm in the area.

Been to China Buffet? Share your experiences!