“Just ok”

The Original Vallarta Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 99 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I had the chicken chimichanga with rice and beans. The chicken was tender but the rice was overly wet and flavorless. The chimi was drowned out with a velveeta cheese sauce. Beans were ok. And chips wede terribly thick and salsa was just hot no real seperate flavors.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I had the Enchiladas, 2 beef and 1 cheese with rice and beans. Wife had Tamale plate. More then enough food and it was very good. Service was good but don't let the outside cause you to drive by. Huge menu with tex-mex and burgers and such. We were told by locals that this is the place to go in the area. The place was busy but we didn't have to wait.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I had the special of the day, Fajita Steak. And a taco on the side. The taco was hot, and fresh and tasty. But, I must say I was amazed at how tough and chewy this fajita meat was. I had no idea you could even get meat this tough nowadays. It was tougher than the water buffalo I had in Cambodia! Everything tasted good, but it was quite a workout for my jaw. We had to ask for chips, although everyone else had them, and I had to ask for tortillas too. The prices were very reasonable and I would go back, but try the tamales or anything soft. I liked the atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch! Our server was will attentive. All the food came out hot, fresh and plentiful. We were very pleased and will return. I had water to drink but heard the sweet tea was good. I know of other locals that frequent this place and always good things to say.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

These are the real deal like Mexico and you can get the in many different combos! I love the barbacoa and these are loaded in a homemade flour tortillia or corn. Also another of my fave's is the chorizo and potato. They also sale a lot of other stuff like homemade tamales a dozen for 10 dollars. It isn't fancy but the food is awesome and they great you with a smile and quick service! I intend to try every taco they make when I am vacationing in the area!