“For drinks and appetizers ”

Poor Man's Country Club
Ranked #24 of 99 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We had margaritas and appetizers. Everything was good but how they price the margaritas was definitely weird. They charged for the margaritas and separately they charged for the triple sec. we thought we were getting margaritas for $2.50 during happy hour but we were charged about $1.50 extra for the triple sec. never seen that before.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The place looks nice from the outside and was clean inside. My husband was happy with his order, however I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. It came out not quite done so I asked them to cook it a little longer. They cooked a whole new sandwich that came out just as undone as the first. When I complained to our waiter he just said sorry. Refused to do anything and just walked off. Thank goodness the other waitress saw I was not eating anything and came over. I asked her to take it off our ticket which she did. Had she been our server, possibly this review would gave been better. I have gotten sick to many times from under cooked chicken that appeared to be just cooked enough in a restaurant that i refuse to eat anything that us not completely well done.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This is a pub with food . The food is good and portions are ample. Prices are okay. My wife ordered a Cosmo and got a tall glass with vodka and Cranberry juice. If you keep the cocktails simple, no problem. Wine selection was very small but ice cold beer selection was excellent.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We went in around 7:30 pm for just a quick drink to check the place out. The upstairs deck was nice with a great view. One downside was there was not a full bar upstairs so if you wanted a mixed drink that was not your usual Jack and Coke, you had to go back downstairs to order. My boyfriend got the U-Peel it shrimp and he said it was very good. I got an order of the fried pickles. The pickles were good, a little kick to them but not bad. As we were getting ready to close out our tab, the bartender upstairs started closing all of the windows that looked out to the beach as if they were already closing for the night. They could use softer/no music upstairs at the bar. The view and conversation up there are enough, in my opinion. Seemed like a super slow night, not many people there.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We used to go to this place rather often. It has gone so far downhill so fast I don't think we will be back until they have an ownership change. We went to get food and watch some playoff basketball. A member of the staff was arguing with a customer at his table. We ordered an appetizer. "We're out of that" OK, how about some of your wings? "We're out of those too." OK. We ordered some drinks. Went to the restroom, and when I came out another staff member was having a loud argument with a different table. There were only five or six tables occupied in the whole place at the time. Too bad; they used to have pretty good food and a great bar, but not anymore.