“Down home cooking”

The Western Steakhouse
Ranked #47 of 92 Restaurants in Rosenberg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 30 May 2016

If you want down home cooking this is the place to go. Jumbo size chicken fried steak which my husband loves and my favorite is the flank steak special.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Wasn't impressed at all. First, salads were so skimpy, you got lettuce and a small wedge of tomato and dressing...that's all.
Husband ordered the special it was a t-bone with shrimp, the steak was nice but the shrimp were small. The cheese, ham, and sour cream for the potatoes came in very very small covered containers (teaspoon size) and sour cream from a paper squeeze tube. I had the Monterey chicken, I choose the mashed potatoes as my side. I was disappointed when I seen that they were instant potatoes. I expected much more from a pricey steakhouse in Texas.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Service was excellent, staff were friendly & food was superb, can definitely recommend. Great place to have a family or business lunch.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

Place was dirty and in serious need of a good cleaning.. Service was okay and the food is nothing to mention. Me and my wife both had the steak and it wasnt any better than a cheap chain like Applebee's, etc.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Just ate lunch here for the first time, and liked it very much. Hubby had the lunch special Chicken Fried Steak, with a salad & baked potato (95 cents extra on the lunch special), I had the lunch special Strip steak with fried potatoes & pintos, also with a salad. Oh, and the Texas toast! Can't forget the Texas toast. And good sweet tea.
The steaks were both Certified Angus Beef, and my requested rare steak was RARE! Thank you for that! Nice tender cuts of meat, salad was iceberg mix with a bit of tomato, the dressings were good. Hubby's CFS had his gravy on the side, with a nice crispy coating, and he had almost no "empty coating"! Service was fast & friendly.
Quite enjoyed our lunch, and we will return!

1  Thank KCL57