“Pretty good BBQ, very good side, OK cobbler”

Pok-e-Jo's Smokehouse
Ranked #38 of 411 Restaurants in Round Rock
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 December 2015

We traveled there with a group of 10 for a casual pre-holiday get-to-gather...staff was very nice and accommodating...had marked a long table for our use...gave us a 10% "first timers" discount. I had the brisket, ribs, and shared some sausage with my wife. The sausage was very good, not fatty...the ribs were meaty and moist...the brisket was also good...just not peppery enough for me. They do have two sauces - one regular and one spicy. I tried the regular and it was tangy enough for me. The condiments counter was well stocked and appealing. All-in-all, I would recommend Pok-e-Jo's because of the selection of sides...do ask for the okra to be fresh fried...also remember that you can get a large helping of dessert - cobbler or banana pudding for one of your sides.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

Amazing job by the Pok-e-Joe's catering team for catering a successful holiday lunch at my job. The turkey was excellent and the service fantastic. Hats off to the team at Pok-E-Joe's!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Others seem to like Rudy's or Smokey Mos which is fine, but I like the sausage at Pok-e-jos. Much better. It has lots of flavor and not greasy.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Catered our daughters wedding yesterday. The food and service was absolutely perfect. We have had so many great compliments from our guests. Very professional and the best BBQ we ever tasted. Thank you all so much for making our day and night so easy on us. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

I had mixed feelings. I should've thought "Chain Barbecue in Central Texas?" I knew better. Before I get carried away with the negatives, the service was friendly, my chicken was really good, there was a good choice of sides, it was clean and well lit. OK, only 3 out of 5? Why? The brisket. It was all about the brisket. First, they trimmed all the fat off. I know that's healthier. But, give me that choice. All the fun flavoring is in the fat, it's like eating a piece of birthday cake without frosting and ice cream. Also, it was flavorless. Wasn't good or bad. It just had no flavor. NONE and it was tough. I took a bite from my wife's plate & left the rest.

Been to Pok-e-Jo's Smokehouse? Share your experiences!