“Best Barbecue Experience!”

Green Mesquite Round Rock
Ranked #83 of 392 Restaurants in Round Rock
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

First time visit to Austin TX and decided to get barbecue. Had no recommendations and popped into this place. Mesquite barbecue sauce was best I ever had. The chicken was so tender. I went back again the next day and took other folks. Did not disappoint.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

This was good BBQ. A little different than your average Texas BBQ restaurant, but quite enjoyable. More affordable than some and convenient location to get to.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I'd seen this place on a food network show a few years back, but at that time, the only location was downtown and the traffic, for me, is prohibitive to a relaxing BBQ experience. I'd been to this location several times and its no fluke, great BBQ. Never considered using green wood for smoking, but they did and it works. Its not an over the top overpowering difference, just slight enough to make it unique and worth having to try. Have had a few cuts that weren't great, but most of the time its really really good. Brisket usually great (but sometimes a little too much fat/gristle), turkey is great, pulled pork is probably my favorite and the sausage a close second. Sauce has something to be desired, but you'll be hard pressed to beat the meat.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Saturday night is their BOGO jambalaya. I ordered one to eat in and one to take home. Jambalaya was good, hot, and spicy - very flavorful. Sadly it was served with white bread instead of garlic bread. Still worth the price. From another visit I found the sausage to be excellent.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I ordered a three meat combo plate and had to pay an extra buck for the brisket. The brisket was good, but there wasn't much of it on the plate. The sausage was fine. The ribs were about 3 inches long and tough as a boot. I'd be embarrassed to call myself a Texas BBQ joint and serve those things. The original Green Mesquite in Austin is pretty good. This was my first time a a suburban GM and I don't see a need to go back to this one.