All reviews slight odor extended stay hotel enjoyed my stay great staff rooms are clean microwave bugs internet
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I am starting my third week at this location. WiFi authentication has been an issue since Day 1. Other than that I love this place. Nice A/C but buy WiFi, the free version makes issues with Linux OS internet connections... I have been called the "Supreme Geek" by folks that know me and I travel with several systems because I'm "always working" according several friends...

So when I cannot connect my main Linux system to the Internet over an authentication issue, it's an issue. The proxy service that have supplied doesn't always "auto-forward" you to the authentication/"pay us if you want better" page. I have spoken with their off-site tech support a couple of times last week, with no real solution. My Windows laptop does okay, but it was when I couldn't connect at all that I called for help, because let's face it, "if" I am the Supreme Geek, I don'y usually need much help (just more money... lol). Even had issues just getting re-connected to this this review... go figure!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate knowing the details about your WiFi issues and we are sorry for the connection issues you are having. Has this been resolved? We hope so and that your overall stay remains a very positive one.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

IO made a reservation on their website including giving them my credit card info and they gave away my room. I went to check in at 11pm and they said they had given my room away despite showing m,y reservation in their system. They then shut the door on me without offering any assistance or suggestions. All this after I waited 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk. They may be cheap but you don't eve get cheap service, you get NO service.

Room tip: Very Basic, no services, charges for every little thing.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jason W
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your very unpleasant experience. We apologize for the great inconvenience of arriving late for your reserved room and then being told the hotel was fully booked. That is certainly not the first impression we were aiming for…. We have shared your comments with our operations team and wish you well in all your future travels.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed at if you’re thinking about staying at WoodSpring suites you’re better off staying at a Motel 6
Employees speak to guest very rudely ac wasn’t working microwave was dirty employees are hardly at the front desk during business hours

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julia R, Guest Relations Corporate Liaison at WoodSpring Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We value your comments and are so sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one during this stay. We are passing your comments to the hotel and looking into the issues you mentioned. WoodSpring Suites strives to provide guests with a clean, affordable environment they can enjoy, feel comfortable in, and want to return to. We are sorry this stay disappointed you.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Woodsprings several times. Its a very good clean hotel. The staff (Angela) was amazing she always made us feel at home. Very friendly people. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and hope you will be able to visit again.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I want to say the 4 Star/Dot rating is contextual.
If i had the same experience at a Hilton it would get 1 star.

I say that because i see people compare this price bracket/type of accommodation luxury hotels which is not a fair assessment in my opinion.

This was a very reasonably priced suite and was very good within that bracket.

PROs:
It was clean for the most part.
All the appliances functioned.
The shower had good pressure.
The bed was fine.
The AC worked well.
Staff was helpful.
Decent Flat Screen TV

CONs:
had a slight odor (not to bad)
No real amenities (like coffee, shampoo, pool, Gym) - but that is expected
Saw a couple bugs

Room tip: Exterior and Stairwell doors are loud. if you want quiet then avoid rooms near these.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Zachary S

Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay with us. We are so glad you chose to stay with us. We are also glad you found us conveniently located, found the rooms to be clean and our staff friendly. We do hope you will indeed stay with us again.