StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast
Holiday Inn Express Salado-Belton(Salado)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$60
US$56
  • Breakfast included
US$59
River Forest Inn(Belton)(Great Value!)
US$70
All reviewsthe cottagesone of a kindjilljeffersonweekendtubssettingcomfortfireplacedallasretreat
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were celebrating a friends birthday and her daughter made the reservation for us. We did not have much information to go on, but found the location just fine. The cottage was a two story and was a little dated but cute. By using reclaimed lumber from older structures it was a one of a kind place. With it being January we were the only ones there and it was very quiet. It is a country setting so creatures are around so sometimes you interact with them. Other than that we had a fun time and plenty of room for five adults. We stayed two nights and spent one day shopping and eating in Salado. The landscaping needs some trimming work and some of the outdoor lighting was not working. wifi does not work well either.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Fredericksburg cottage.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went for our anniversary, so the expectations were high. We were totally disappointed. The place has tons of potential but it is very grown up, it is to the point where shrubbery and bushes rub against your vehicle. The food that is left in your cottage is yummy, sadly that was the highlight of the trip. There is a 13 inch TV/DVD combo to watch. The pictures shown on this must have been from when the place opened.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2016

My daughter and I chose the treehouse room from pictures on the internet. I had stayed before at the Rose Mansion, but just thought to try something different. My mistake. No email reservation confirmation. When we arrived we overlooked the entrance because it was a small overgrown drive with a huge mud filled pot hole. It took two calls to the office to finally find where to check in. While trying to get to the office, we were blocked by a fox with pups on the porch of one of the little houses. She actually bared teeth and came at us. Not her fault. The property looked overgrown and abandoned. The treehouse room was hot - dirty carpet and a bizarre slope roof bathroom/shower. Tiny old tv, and a cold breakfast to microwave for the next day. To their credit, they person checking us in called management and they gave a full refund. They also offered a different room for the same price. We were afraid to walk through the property - especially to come back after dark to get to our room, because of the fox. The management seemed not at all concerned. My daughter and I wasted two hours shopping trying to check in here, then finding a room elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, but if you have to stay, don't choose the treehouse. Salado house was nicer looking.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bookinsemail
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

My grandson and his wife are both in the military so I wanted to give them a special gift for their wedding night. They stayed in the Salado Haus on June 4, 2016. I had ordered a mixed bouquet of cut flowers for the cottage, but it was not there. I had told them before that my husband and I had stayed in several bed and breakfasts in different states and that breakfast was either delivered to the room or served in the breakfast room; my grandson and his wife were a little disappointed in the cold breakfast that was left in the refrigerator to be warmed up the next morning.
I did not receive an email when I made reservations. I had traveled from out of state to attend the wedding, so I called on June 3 to make sure I still had reservations. I talked to Jill and that was when I found out that their had been a problem with their email. I called Jill this week and asked if I had been charged for the fresh flowers. She said she would check it out and credit me if I had been charged. I am still waiting for a return call from her.
In spite of these issues, my grandson and his wife enjoyed the cottage and told me that it was "comfy and cozy."
I do think the rates are a bit high, but there is nothing I can do about that. What matters most is that this young couple enjoyed their stay in the Salado Haus.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Loved every detail. The grounds ,cottage gardens, arbors and pathways were incredibly beautiful. The cottages are historic homes they brought in from other areas and restored with authentic architectural pieces of the time. There are hidden sitting venues everywhere with a pond with blooming water lilies and fish. I stayed in the Fredericksburg house that has sleeping for 3 and 2 stories. The owner Jill is an artist who is gracious and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends