Lone Star Inn(San Benito)
Book now, pay at stay
US$81
CandlewoodSuites
  • Pool
US$64
Value Place Harlingen(Harlingen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$56
US$90
US$76
Country Inn
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The front desk lady was very friendly and helpful. The room and rates were great. Good value. The breakfast is another story. It was just terrible. Very little selection and the milk for the cereal was sour. Don't come for the breakfast. I would stay again for the service and the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was surprised at the size and shape of the room. Clean and quiet as well!

Several things that I did not like about the visit:

1. The receptionist was not going to return my Value Card to me and tried telling me it was a "one time use" card - I had to tell her "No, it isn't! That's my actual membership card!" -- Staff needs to know these things when people check in.

2. The parking is a bit tight and the design of it is flawed. It would be difficult for any emergency vehicle (large ones) to get to the back area where we were as people parked on the sides of the circular area going towards the back if cars are parked there - which was every day and night.

3. The walk-in shower was nice, but could have done without the hair in the drain from other customers before us.

4. Found a Hungry-Man frozen dinner in the freezer section of our mini-refrigerator that had not been opened - I did tell the man at the front desk about that as I checked out.

Overall the stay was pleasant - the cleaning service just needs to properly clean the rooms and check to make sure items are not left behind from previous guests.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Jacuzzi especially if you are there for the Jalapeno 100 bike ride! Well worth the value to use it after a 100 mile ride on your bicycle!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here because of the proximity to the hospital where my Dad was having surgery. I thought i needed an extra nIght but it turned out i didn't and they were kind enough to refund me one night.
The room was very clean, great continental breakfast and great staff!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 2 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I rated this a 5 star, while it is obvious that it is not a five star hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by it. Usually ABVI are pretty much the ghetto, this one is not. It was recently renovated a few years ago. The pictures on the website are legit. The room was clean, cozy beds, and I sure couldn't beat the price. I think after all the taxes and fees, I got 2 king beds for $50/night. Also, the maid service goes daily (whereas some ABVI they do not). Towels are like sandpaper, but that is a minor point. Do not call and get directions from the front desk, you will get directions that suck. On Expy 77/83 eastbound, exit Ed Carey and go north (left). When you get to Business 77 road, make a right. You cant miss the hotel sign there on the right. Easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family