“Tasty Chicken !!”
Review of Cowboy Chicken

Cowboy Chicken
Ranked #39 of 129 Restaurants in Sherman
Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is the taste of Chicken I was waiting for.. Finally got it, in Cowboy chicken..!! The sides were good, but not very fresh. Servants were very polite & friendly.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Got 2 enchilada plates. One with the corn and beans, one with the okra and twice baked potaters. The potatoers were just boxed hashbrowns with cheese, very generic. Ordered a bar b que chicken sandwich w fries, my son said it was good. Ordered a brownie and cobbler. Brownie was brought out in plastic about two bites worth. The cobbler which is highlighted on the menu was not crisp, very soggy and not good. Had to ask for the desserts. For spending $40.00, we won't give it a 2nd try. Not worth our money.
Staff was very friendly

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Wood fired, roasted chicken
Real wood! Delicious.
Their lunch plate is reasonably priced, the portions is a nice size unless you want king size. The lunch plate is a smallish leg/thigh combo and two sides of your choice. I have tried quite a few different sides, all equally good. You can do a low carb or paleo diet plate if you chose to do so. Or fried okra or corn fritters, etc if not. Their cowboy balsamic vinaigrette is great!
Another option is the chicken enchiladas, and they are good also.
It is clean, fast service.
I will be a regular for lunch here.

Cowboy C, Manager at Cowboy Chicken, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Thank you for visiting us and leaving us such a wonderful review, Lori! We're so glad to hear you enjoy our lunch offerings, and we hope to see you again soon. We're so glad we've made you a fan!

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Our first visit was for Sunday lunch. The chicken is out standing. Cooked on a real open wood fire. The chicken was juicy and flavorful all the way through with a hint of smoke. The sides and service were very good as well. We will definitely return.

Cowboy C, Manager at Cowboy Chicken, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thanks for stopping by! We're so glad to hear you like what we have to offer at Cowboy Chicken, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Ordered take-out, the chicken enchiladas. The manager came by and we talked; when I told him what I ordered, he said they were spicy hot. I said 'no problem' but that my wife doesn't like spicy hot...he went to the back and brought me an entire leg of chicken to take home to her. I didn't like the flavor of the peppers in the enchiladas but a lot of other people eating in the restaurant seemed to. My wife loved the chicken and liked the sides I got with the enchiladas (creamed spinach and green beans). She asked me to go back tomorrow and get the chicken platters for supper. They serve CHICKEN: chicken platters, chicken enchiladas & tacos, chicken salads & chicken salad sandwiches, peach cobbler, brownies & cookies, Coke products and tea. The chicken is cooked on spits near wood burning flames for 2 HOURS! Open 11 am - 9 pm. Wheelchairs can get though the doors but the walkway in front is elevated a few inches and I did not notice a ramp of any kind (but I wasn't looking for one so I'm not positive).