“Typical Cracker Barrel”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #67 of 130 Restaurants in Sherman
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My nephew and his wife joined me for a late breakfast a Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel, if anything, is always consistently good. I chose the country fried steak and egg breakfast. It was very well prepared, and the white gravy was very good. Service was excellent. If you don't want anything special, Cracker Barrel never fails to provide good food.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This Cracker Barrel is well worth the stop off of Hwy 75 for breakfast. The service is friendly and helpful. They have nice oatmeal and healthy choices as well. Seating was prompt and prices reasonable.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I took my family and mother out to eat here last night. The Beef campfire meal (that I got) was fantastic!

My daughter ordered steak and eggs. Waitress did not give her the option on how she would like her steak cooked. When she received her meal, she took a bite of her steak and kinda made a face. I thought she was exaggerating. Later, she gave me tastings of her meal. It was terrible! Worst steak I have tasted in my whole life. Super thin, tough, with a lot of grissle and fat, and near no seasoning. Her order of hash brown casserole was stale and terribly chewy. Her grits were watery with and jellaten texture. Her whole meal was gross.

The other meals were good. But, if I was the manager I would be upset with this next thing that happened. While we were waiting for our meals, we were looking at the desserts. The family was excited about a few of the desserts. But, to my amazement, the waitress brought our bill with the dinners. Making a stupid assumption that we wouldn't be ordering desserts. I could understand this happening, if the restaurant was super busy. But, this was Tuesday night, and they most definitely were not busy.

They should at least try to sell a dessert.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We always like Cracker Barrel but things have changed for the worse at the Sherman location. Menu items unavailable, slow service and an overall lack of organization makes for a very poor experience. Three strikes and you're out. Will be a long time before I'm back. Too bad it's my hometown location and I must say that travelers should pass this location by.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

So...took my mom and 2 girls to eat. They sat us in a back corner table, still wet from cleaning...but, we dealt with that. Then the waitress comes, takes our order..asked if we wanted cornbread or biscuits..we asked for cornbread. She brings out the little bowl full of butter packets and our drinks...but no bread..lol. We don't see her again until our food comes out. My mom n I had the veggie plate. Mine came out on an a plate, hers...was in several bowls and she had to ask for the plate...my 9 year old says mom...we got butter and no bread so we said that to the waitress and she said "I brought it out already" we looked at the table then looked at her and said...do u see any bread?! Lol. So then she brings our bread. Then..to top it off, my mom..has her fork in her hand..my kids were finished eating and the waitress took my kids plates and left...then, she comes back..as my mom picked her fork up to eat a bite off her plate...the waitress grabbed the plate right our from under her and took it..my mom was like "I wasn't finished, but ok" she strait up stole her plate!! We were all so shocked! My oldest and I just looked at each other in shock! Needless to say
..they need to retrain their staff. Food was great..but that was just crazy!!