“Perfect sunset location with fresh food, fun atmosphere & friendly service”
Review of Blanca White's - CLOSED

Blanca White's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Absolutely the best meal I've had on the Island in all the years I've come! (10+) The shrimp tequila is fabulous with fresh tomatoes & onions, rice was light and perfect and the bean dip and fresh fried tortilla chips were ahmazing! Try the special Tamarind Margarita ... not too sweet with a little bite.

What I don't understand is why this restaurant doesn't have a line out the door. Not just for the food but for the perfect location for sunset watching!

Don't miss it!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had long been visitors to Blanca Whites in Matamoros (when we were a wee bit younger, you understand) and Blanca's entree onto South Padre is excellent and carries with it the fun spirit of the original. They had just opened when we first went, but the food and service were as well done as if they had been running for decades. The place is truly informal, with a spectacular bayside location and a wonderful open air feel. Blanca beats Louies Backyard hands down (Louies has REALLY plunged off a cliff from an experience standpoint) and we are looking forward to going back again this summer. By all means, you need to go visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

4th of July- NO Line, No wait - I thought Awesome! NOT- go in with party of 10, sat down @ table w/8 chairs, wait 30 mins chairs had to take chairs from a nearby empty table. NO one came to give us a menu or take our order for over 45 minutes. Finally, guy comes with "tickets" asking "how many?" We have no idea what he's asking & SI, HABLA ESPANIOL!! Finally we realize they are charging $15 a person for plates of 6 tiny taco's with some mushy crap on top that looked like tuna! I say, I'm sorry we wanted sea food so we wont be eating here. It's a bar & grill so we'll have drinks, watch fire works n go. THEY REFUSE DEMANDING WE EAT AND PAY THEM $217 for a party of 10 - Do the math on that!! The lady goes on & on about the table and reservations- 1. There was NO one at the door when we came. NO LINE. 2. There were several empty tables there. 3. I am not paying $217 for some ten cent tacos. We gave them $20 for the 3 sodas delivered to my kids, other drinks had been paid for at the bar. We tried to leave & they literally held us hostage at the door way, yelling & demanding the money, my kids were scared & crying. They said the $15 was a cover charge- COVER is charged at the door- What a scam!!! NO I did not pay for food I never ordered, never got & never ate. Once I started talking "law suite for holding us against our will" We were allowed to leave. I waited for the cops outside, they never showed. DO NOT GO HERE!!

3  Thank Amber A
Reviewed 26 May 2013

What a shame great location but terrible waiters!
Very smart assy attitude from the servers and hostess. If i were the owner i would fire them immediately.
I am a retailer.
I rather freaking starve!

2  Thank Carlo E
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I wrote a review a few months back that was not positive. We decided to give this place another chance. We are glad we did. The Fish Rockafeller was really great. The service was excellent. I ordered wine instead of a mixed drink (flavorless margarita's). The view is great. Love being right on the water.