“Music is good-No trouble makers allowed-Good for having a good time”
Review of Club Pelican West

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Club Pelican West
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Customers took a few months to find the new location (they recently moved here) It was dead for a few months from the end of 2010 until the beginning of 2011. But now that people knows the new location, it is back to normal. This is my favorite place to go on the weekends. The ambience is very informal even though some of us like to dress to impress. The security guard at the entrance makes sure no trouble makers have access here. The dance floor is on the small side, since I love to dance it is kind of a little dissapointment. The music is very good and they play a little bit of everything for all tastes. I always have a good time there.

2  Thank ColgateSmile123

Reviewed 1 August 2010

I've been going to South Padre for 15 years and everytime I go, I make sure to go out to see Pelican West each night. PW is an excellent cover band and recently added a new female singer who has an incredible voice. She seems to have re-energized the entire band. Definitely a plus for the band!

3  Thank Nancy56003
Reviewed 4 June 2010

This is our second time to the island, but the first tme to see Pelican West. The band was awsome, and so nice and friendly. They play a wide variety of music, are quick to play requests, and all of the band members are multi-talented. The bartender was very quick with our drinks too. She warned us from the start that if it gets busy, she might be a bit longer to get to us, so we knew up front what we might expect. It did get busy but she kept right up with us and was very attentive. All in all, I would definately recommend this as a great night out.

1  Thank Pandora715
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We have went to Club Pelican West the last two times at South Padre, The band was great, the waitress was very nice, and fast with our drinks. And lots of great music to dance to, If you don't have a partner on the dance floor, everyone dances together!!!! A great time...and we are in our 40's!!!

1  Thank oiculs
Reviewed 20 April 2010

The band is simply fantastic! The place is very modern and hip. It is THE place to be in South Padre. The band is very friendly. They mix with the crowd during their breaks. They take song requests and do all of them justice. They can play/sing anything. They have a non-smoking section to the left of the stage. It is well air-conditioned. The dance floor is nice sized. The dress code is island casual to fun/dressy. I believe kids are welcome until 10:00pm. You may want to check with the club first to make sure.