“Dinner and Breakfast both great”

Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We had ordered dinner one night. I had blackened mahi mahi with shrimp and greens. Godiva choc cheesecake for dessert. Excellent preparation. Several days later, came back for their breakfast. I had lobster, swiss, and spinach omelette with one pancake. Again, excellent food. Both times, we had our food to go. Looked like on Sat for breakfast, was packed.

tmetty, Owner at Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

We’re so happy you enjoyed spending time at our little beach side cafe! We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate it!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My husband and I were down for three nights and visited this cafe each day of our trip!

We stopped by for happy hour one day, breakfast the next, and lunch on our last day. They have great happy hour specials, and it's important to note - they serve breakfast ONLY until 11am (12pm on weekends).

It's a cozy vibe, and mostly covered (good for shade or protection from the rain), with a few uncovered tables. They get busy, so you may have a short wait.

Food was always good.

Thank you so much! The greatest compliment to us is when customers like you come back again and again! We are delighted you enjoyed dining in our café... and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor readers.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Cafe on the Beach is a wonderful, cozy small cafe situated right on the beach, offering superior food and service.

The bar drinks and service are excellent, and the quality and quantity of the food is excellent. The fried seafood, wedge salad and burger are great items.

I definitely recommend Cafe in the Beach to anyone looking for a good meal in a great setting.

Thank you for your recommendation and your great review! My mouth started watering as I read it. You listed so many of my favorite items! Please come back soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Every time we are on de island it’s a must to go and have breakfast and this time we were so disappointed because there were so many flys and as I said I am a regular a didn’t see the menu I already knew what I was going to order “French toast” delicious, really original with Philadelphia chess and orange mermelade.
When they served it I started to eat and my surprise was that doesn’t have anything inside. I asked the waitress and she said “I thought you didn’t want it that way”.
She decided the way I liked my French toast.
Not the way it says in the menu. The way she thought I’d liked. It never happened to me!!

Oh dear! We remember this situation very well. We offer a wonderful “stuffed French Toast” on our menu. While most guests like it just the way it is listed on the menu, we also get frequent requests for plain French toast - without the creamed cheese marmalade stuffing). Our server thought when this guest ordered “plain french toast” that she wanted it without the “stuffing”. As soon as the guest pointed out the problem, she brought the guest the correct French Toast. We are so very sorry!

As the result of this review, we have reminded all our servers to repeat orders back to the guest ...especially when the item is a special order. We are so sorry this happened. We appreciate being reminded of the importance of being 100% certain we are giving the guest exactly what they want. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

While the restaurant does face the ocean, the open air concept requires you to swat away the numerous flies and other bugs from your meal. The dishes were generally quite expensive. I had the peel and eat shrimp special - which was nothing special. The shrimp were OK - and since we got the happy hour price, it was a reasonable price for about 8 shrimp. Too many bugs for my wife to even finish her meal once she almost ate a fly. Ugh!

I’m so sorry you didn’t enjoy your time with us. One of the great things about our little open-air beachside café is it’s proximity to the beach and dunes. Our customers enjoy hearing and seeing the Gulf of Mexico while dining with us. We’ve considered closing off the Cafe to keep Mother Nature’s unwanted winged visitors out, but we have found over the years that most guests don’t mind the occasional distraction. Still, we are constantly searching for ways to dissuade these unwanted visitors without harming the environment. We’ve installed high velocity fans, and are experimenting with non-toxic, restaurant-use approved sprays. Most of the year, the natural Gulf breezes keep the unwanted winged visitors away. There are just a few weeks when we battle this problem. We are sorry you happened to visit us during one of those times.