“What a Gem”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Dined here with friends on 8th May and as always the food was excellent.
We had the spinning salad which were yummy. Our friends had the fried fish.
Margaritas were flowing.
Service was 5 star.
Love dining here and can't wait to go back next year.

tmetty, Owner at Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you! We’re so happy you enjoy our little beachside café when you’re in town. We adore our guests .... especially those that come back again and again!! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We had ordered dinner one night. I had blackened mahi mahi with shrimp and greens. Godiva choc cheesecake for dessert. Excellent preparation. Several days later, came back for their breakfast. I had lobster, swiss, and spinach omelette with one pancake. Again, excellent food. Both times, we had our food to go. Looked like on Sat for breakfast, was packed.

tmetty, Owner at Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

We’re so happy you enjoyed spending time at our little beach side cafe! We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate it!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My husband and I were down for three nights and visited this cafe each day of our trip!

We stopped by for happy hour one day, breakfast the next, and lunch on our last day. They have great happy hour specials, and it's important to note - they serve breakfast ONLY until 11am (12pm on weekends).

It's a cozy vibe, and mostly covered (good for shade or protection from the rain), with a few uncovered tables. They get busy, so you may have a short wait.

Food was always good.

Thank you so much! The greatest compliment to us is when customers like you come back again and again! We are delighted you enjoyed dining in our café... and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor readers.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Cafe on the Beach is a wonderful, cozy small cafe situated right on the beach, offering superior food and service.

The bar drinks and service are excellent, and the quality and quantity of the food is excellent. The fried seafood, wedge salad and burger are great items.

I definitely recommend Cafe in the Beach to anyone looking for a good meal in a great setting.

Thank you for your recommendation and your great review! My mouth started watering as I read it. You listed so many of my favorite items! Please come back soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Every time we are on de island it’s a must to go and have breakfast and this time we were so disappointed because there were so many flys and as I said I am a regular a didn’t see the menu I already knew what I was going to order “French toast” delicious, really original with Philadelphia chess and orange mermelade.
When they served it I started to eat and my surprise was that doesn’t have anything inside. I asked the waitress and she said “I thought you didn’t want it that way”.
She decided the way I liked my French toast.
Not the way it says in the menu. The way she thought I’d liked. It never happened to me!!

Oh dear! We remember this situation very well. We offer a wonderful “stuffed French Toast” on our menu. While most guests like it just the way it is listed on the menu, we also get frequent requests for plain French toast - without the creamed cheese marmalade stuffing). Our server thought when this guest ordered “plain french toast” that she wanted it without the “stuffing”. As soon as the guest pointed out the problem, she brought the guest the correct French Toast. We are so very sorry!

As the result of this review, we have reminded all our servers to repeat orders back to the guest ...especially when the item is a special order. We are so sorry this happened. We appreciate being reminded of the importance of being 100% certain we are giving the guest exactly what they want. Thank you.