“Delicious pizza and excellent wine selection”
Review of Coal Vine's

Coal Vine's
Ranked #25 of 159 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2016

This has been a favorite for several years now. On Wednesdays, buy any bottle of wine and get your pizza FREE. It's busy those nights, but well worth it.
Even on other nights, it's a beautiful place to enjoy a bottle of wine and delicious oven-baked pizza.

Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

Although this restaurant has the same name and sign as the restaurant previously owned by the same owners as Nick and Sam's, this location is different from the rest. My family used to go to this restaurant on a weekly basis but some menu changes a year and a half ago forced us to try some other Italian places in the area. Longing for some of my favorite Coal Vines dishes like the Romaine Hearts salad, Godfather sandwich and roasted chicken, I went to the website to see if the Southlake location had a change of menu heart. And, I was thrilled to see that it did! So, my family eagerly returned to our favorite wine bar; but, when I got the menu, all excitement vanished. No romaine hearts salad. No godfather sandwich. No roast chicken. No entrees of any kind other than pasta and picatta. When I inquired, I was told the owners (previously of Nick and Sam's) sold this restaurant and the new owner changed the menu. I don't understand why the Southlake location is still included on the original website as the menu IS NOT ACCURATE!!! Still has good pizza and nice wine and our waiter, John, was great. But, if you want anything other than pizza or pasta, try another place, like Inzo in Roanoke.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Sat outside and enjoyed beautiful evening that really was made by terrific wait staff. Not the least expensive pizza but there is a difference between this experience and pizza shop....both have time and place. This one was worth a little extra.

1  Thank BurghProud
Reviewed 17 January 2016

There's not a lot of good pizza in the DFW area, but this is definitely the exception. Wonderful pizza in a warm and inviting environment. The bolognese pizza is my number one recommendation.

1  Thank KKAK
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

Love love love the pizza & the crust!! Great wine selection! Great staff! We've been 7 times in two months! I think we are addicted!

1  Thank ahappyone