“Delicious ”

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #36 of 159 Restaurants in Southlake
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Serving one of a kind, hand tossed, made to order pizzas in Southlake since 2012.Outstanding specialty pizzas including Gluten free pizza? Yes! If pizza's not your thing, we also have delicious hoagies, salads and appetizers to mellow your hunger! Also, Here at Mellow we love beer. We take pride in the superb selection of craft beers we have to offer. 18 out of the 24 beers on draft are constantly rotating from the best craft breweries in the country. There's also a wide variety of cans, bottles, and bombers to choose from as well.
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I ordered a chicken calzone. The chicken tasted very fresh and the entire calzone was cooked just right. I definitely recommend.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Food is great. But management either needs better hiring or better training. Went with wife and her parents. Spicoli was our server and was completely inattentive. Watched him pour our beers then chat up 2 female coworkers at the bar while our beers sat and got warm. Brought out apps and didn't bother with plates, napkins, or silverware. Had to flag down someone else.
After a series of awkward encounters we decided to get the pizza to go. Of course they brought the pizza to the table for dine in. Just more time to get cold as they had to box it. Grrr
Very disappointing as we've always had good experiences at MM. But not sure I'll go back after this.

SouthlakeMellow, Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience here at our location. We deeply apologize for the service you have received. Unfortunately we've been going through some changes however I understand that isn't an excuse. We would love for you to come back and and let us show you that our service is better than you experienced!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Mellow Mushroom has my hands-down, all-time favorite pizza ever...Holy Shiitake! I would recommend this to anyone who lives mushrooms and garlic. I could never get enough! Totally love the atmosphere and the grub. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We picked this place since we were in the mood for pizza and also because of the good reviews.

We found the atmosphere to be rather odd. With a name like Mellow Mushroom, I guess we shouldn't have been surprised to see a VW van as a makeshift booth/seat. At times you get the impression that you're eating at a Chuck E Cheese. The menu makes you feel like you're ordering from a kid's menu. ...and yet they have over 100 beers that you can order.

When we first walked in, there were three young people at the front. We thought they were just hanging out and then realized they were our hosts. My wife had questions for our server and the server seemed rather annoyed. My wife took the time to fill out a survey (at the very end) and the server came by to ask my wife if she was done... and least four times. The server seemed like she just wanted to get rid of us.

We're giving it a 4 for the food, but for long-term success, this restaurant desperately needs to focus on improving their customer service.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The atmosphere is busy but homey. They are busy for a reason, great pizza!
I had the magical mystery tour pizza and it's my favorite ever. I don't think I could eat
any other pizza ever again. Pesto sauce instead of tomato and lots of veggies, no meat.
Even good enough for my meat eater spouse to love.