“Superb Modern American cuisine that isn't pretentious or super expensive”

TruFire Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
TruFire Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 171 Restaurants in Southlake
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2018

TruFire is the modern kind of American restaurant that is chef driven, but not necessarily expensive or overly fru-fru. The menu is definitely Mediterranean focused, with a specific Italian flair. After ordering a bottle of wine, we decided to try the The Board (fka The Paddle Board) appetizer which is a sampler of high quality meats, cheeses, spreads, and breads. It was quite good. The Mrs. RJG likes the Spicy Garlic Noodles, which I would describe as an Asian/Italian fusion with shrimp, chicken, arugula, prosciutto, romano cheese, mushrooms, and crushed red pepper. I personally go for the chicken parm. Since none of the official Italian restaurants in NE Tarrant know how to make it, this is the only place I can enjoy the timeless dish. They have a "small" portion and a large. Go with the small. Believe me, it is a full serving by itself and I could not imagine devouring a large. Large, small, makes no difference if it isn't any good. Ah... but it is. Fantastic in fact! Easily the best chicken parm I've had in the area. No longer does one have to venture to Dallas for this dish. A nicely seasoned and breaded mix and then it's baked to perfection. It's actually crispy like it's supposed to be! It's served with linguini. I tend to be a traditionalist, and want something similar to spaghetti, but I was willing to go with the flat noodle. The other issue I have with linguini, is most places don't know how to cook it, and leave it mushy. Not TruFire! It was al dente. And the pomodoro sauce is delicious, very similar to what you would actually get in Italy rather than New York.

One of the anomalies of TruFure is that they do not have beer taps. Kind of a bummer, but their wine prices aren't that bad! While certainly not cheap, I've seen far worse at establishments such as this.

With great food and reasonable prices, consider TruFire a regular stop on the RJG tour.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Came here for a business meeting and had a great meal. 3 people in our group and everyone was thrilled with their meal. This is a no brainier and everything is fresh. I don't give 5's unless they change my world so this is a high mark for me.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

This has some amazingly fresh and healthy food. We had the ahi tuna salad and the salmon dinner which came with some perfect tomatoes and a cucumber salad. Rich with flavor. Spoiled ourselves with an incredible banana split which could feed 4. The caramelized bananas are incredible. Will be back for sure

Reviewed 12 October 2017

TruFire is a good replacement for the numerous restaurants that have tried to make it at this location. Nice atmosphere, reasonable prices and they do a great job with all the Italian basics. Limited outdoor seating available. Portions are large enough to share, if you're not too hungry. Full bar, beer and wine service.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

You almost don’t know it’s there, I’ve passed by it forever...why I don’t know. But I will no longer. Great lunch anyway, and food and service was very good. I had an awesome ribeye sandwich on a roll that was perfect and reasonably priced at lunch. Good choices, easy atmosphere, and nice little outdoor patio. I’ve found a new ‘go to’ lunch in the village....you might as well