“Luna Gyros Are Dee-lish”
Review of Luna Grill

Luna Grill
Ranked #56 of 176 Restaurants in Southlake
Description: Luna Grill is fast casual restaurant concept with locations in Southern California and Texas, providing healthy options and real food crafted with care and cooked to order.
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Luna Grill had many Mediterranean items to offer on their menu. I opted for the traditional gyro (like a donner-kebab in Germany) and it did not disappoint.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Got the gyro plate. Rice was very dry but the meat was good. Very small portions of pita bread. Not a great drink selection. Most of the staff were friendly. Deco is weird. The hanging cutlery from the lamps- not a great plan. Probably won't return.Family member went on a different occasion and got the kabobs. They were burned, not eatable.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 January 2017

A good choice for fast casual dining is Luna Grill. Just place your order at the counter and it will be freshly cooked and brought to your table. The menu features Middle Eastern plates that include salads, wraps and kebabs. I remarked to my husband that I could live on the Market Wrap - filling, but no guilt attached to the fresh, healthy ingredients. His lamb tenderloin platter was generous and tasty as well. A limited selection of adult beverages is available, too. If you don't have time to eat in, just order ahead and pick up your yummy meal. Limited parking at peak hours may be a good thing - walk off a few of those great calories!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Do not go here during the peak lunch hour. The parking is atrocious. Whoever designed this new strip mall forgot to include parking in the plans!! It is seriously that bad! However, if you do happen to find parking at this time of day be forewarned that the restaurant is packed and the service is poor. It is apparent that they are not quite adept or at least don't have the staff to handle the large crowds. The counter service (you place your order at the counter and then they bring the food to your table) was slow (as there is only one cashier) and the wait time for the food (2 kabob plates) took nearly 30 minutes!! Of course all was forgiven once we bit into our chicken kabob. It was nicely seasoned and very tender. The accompanying rice was okay and the side salad was fresh but missing dressing. I will remember to ask for some dressing on the side next time. We also weren't given any of the yogurt dipping sauce (for the meat) that is supposed to come with the meal. But, this was no big deal especially since the meat was so good by itself. The drinks here are also very yummy. They have the usual assortment of soft drinks but then they also have lemonades, regular and pink pomegranate. I got the latter and it was delicious!

So, despite the parking issues and the service issues, I would probably eat at Luna Grill again , but just not during the peak lunch hour (or dinner hour).

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 11 December 2016

I eat at the Luna Grill near my office about once a week and enjoy it very much. I was excited when they opened one near my house in Southlake. The experience there has not been good. Having been there on three different occasions, I have been disappointed all three times. The funny thing is that I order the exact same thing every time I go, the apple walnut salad. Once, the counter employee literally argued with me when I asked for salad dressing, as they had forgotten it, and she insisted it was on the salad. The other two times, the salad I got (for $9) was literally half the size of what I get at the Flower Mound location. When I mentioned it, the employee ensured me that I had gotten the regular size. Sad that the same franchisee would let such a great, and I'm sure expensive, location ruin a good reputation. I won't be going back.

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to Luna Grill? Share your experiences!