“Come Here! when you don't know where to go”

Scottish Inns Stafford
Scottish Inns Stafford
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 19 July 2012

For the record, this is my first review. I don’t write reviews but I am starting a new hobby. I am new to the Houston area thanks to my new job. I stumbled across this place and would like to tell everyone how GREAT it is for the money. At $ 56.00 a night, this is a garnet in the rough. The room is clean, let me repeat that. The room is clean. This room had a nice sized TV, small microwave, old school RCA jam box with cassette player ( radio worked did not have any cassettes on me- hee hee!) and compact fridge. There was a desk and chair, a love seat and coffee table, a large mirror on the wall to remind me of what a fat American I am- truth hurts- so I ate less- thanks for the controlled appetite. The clean bathroom had marble countertops and marbled walls. The added touch - the sapphire sky painted ceilings with energy efficient bulbs. The front desk man was cheerful and pleasant. The parking lot was clean and well lit. There was a fence that surrounds the parking lot that gave me the feeling of security for my vehicle as Mr. front desk can see every vehicle that comes into the Inn. Free WiFi!
This gem is tucked away from the street so you could pass it and not realize it but it is definitely worth the drive from the highway and the BEST place to stay in Stafford for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank txxtina

Reviewed 7 February 2006

Since the entire bill for two nights was $120 I obviously wasn't expecting much. I wanted a non-smoking room with two queen beds for myself, my husband and our two boys.

The motel is off of a busy rural highway, and I was dismayed when we checked in and the woman at the desk was behind a window like at a movie theater. That made me VERY nervous.

To my complete surprise, what we got was a huge and spotlessly clean room. I am VERY picky and have called housekeeping in many a 4 star hotel. It had a tv, CD player, some sort of VHS or DVD player, microwave, small fridge and a small table to sit and eat. The bathroom was completely marbled and tiled and the beds were extremely comfortable.

The only quibble was that there were only 3 skimpy bath towels in the room so I grabbed a few more off the maid's cart to rectify that. There was no hair dryer, but I had anticipated that and brought my own.

Final thing - my kids have noticed that at very fancy hotels the soda machines are very expensive (3 euros in Germany recently!) but at the Scottish Inn the sodas were 75 cents. There was also an ice machine but we didn't use it.

Bottom line - I probably wouldn't stay there if I was traveling alone (why was the woman hiding behind glass?) but I would happily stay there again if I was with my husband and kids. The setup was perfect for us.

6  Thank SoCal_mother