US$104
Staybridge.com
Courtyard Houston Sugar Land(Stafford)(Great Value!)
US$74
Courtyard
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford(Stafford)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$129
US$112
Residence Inn
Comfort Suites Stafford(Stafford)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$80
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford(Stafford)(Great Value!)
US$107
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$98
US$95
US$103
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I wrote on Google reviews, but it's worth reviewing here too.

Scottish Inn & Suites in Stafford, Texas may seem like it's in the middle of nowhere (it's Stafford), but it's a great place to stay. The rooms are $55 a night and that's for a large king-size bed, no-smoking, TV, microwave, refrigerator, etc. Rooms are clean and turned over mattresses revealed clean undersides. Ceilings have interesting cloud and sky decoration. Lights, air conditioning, shower fan all worked fine.

There's a parking lot that's bordered by a fence, the motel rooms, and the front desk, so it feels safe parking there.

The owners were extremely nice when I asked them about the wi-fi, since my computer was being very picky about the connection and only working near the front desk. They offered to open several unused rooms and eventually found one that did work! Again, all of the rooms were clean.

Scottish Inn & Suites is right next to highway 90 and will take you to Sugar Land or downtown Houston.

They aren't the same as the Scottish Inn & Suites in Houston, so don't get confused when reading this review! To be honest, I think they need to change their name and do more advertising because their service and facilities are great.

As mentioned by SoCal_mother, the front desk is protected by a window, but the woman at the front desk had no problem opening the window and stepping outside to help me with the wi-fi problem, even checking her own computer to make sure the wi-fi was working. I'm thinking the window is mainly for security purposes late at night, so don't be alarmed!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 19 July 2012

For the record, this is my first review. I don’t write reviews but I am starting a new hobby. I am new to the Houston area thanks to my new job. I stumbled across this place and would like to tell everyone how GREAT it is for the money. At $ 56.00 a night, this is a garnet in the rough. The room is clean, let me repeat that. The room is clean. This room had a nice sized TV, small microwave, old school RCA jam box with cassette player ( radio worked did not have any cassettes on me- hee hee!) and compact fridge. There was a desk and chair, a love seat and coffee table, a large mirror on the wall to remind me of what a fat American I am- truth hurts- so I ate less- thanks for the controlled appetite. The clean bathroom had marble countertops and marbled walls. The added touch - the sapphire sky painted ceilings with energy efficient bulbs. The front desk man was cheerful and pleasant. The parking lot was clean and well lit. There was a fence that surrounds the parking lot that gave me the feeling of security for my vehicle as Mr. front desk can see every vehicle that comes into the Inn. Free WiFi!
This gem is tucked away from the street so you could pass it and not realize it but it is definitely worth the drive from the highway and the BEST place to stay in Stafford for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank txxtina
Reviewed 7 February 2006

Since the entire bill for two nights was $120 I obviously wasn't expecting much. I wanted a non-smoking room with two queen beds for myself, my husband and our two boys.

The motel is off of a busy rural highway, and I was dismayed when we checked in and the woman at the desk was behind a window like at a movie theater. That made me VERY nervous.

To my complete surprise, what we got was a huge and spotlessly clean room. I am VERY picky and have called housekeeping in many a 4 star hotel. It had a tv, CD player, some sort of VHS or DVD player, microwave, small fridge and a small table to sit and eat. The bathroom was completely marbled and tiled and the beds were extremely comfortable.

The only quibble was that there were only 3 skimpy bath towels in the room so I grabbed a few more off the maid's cart to rectify that. There was no hair dryer, but I had anticipated that and brought my own.

Final thing - my kids have noticed that at very fancy hotels the soda machines are very expensive (3 euros in Germany recently!) but at the Scottish Inn the sodas were 75 cents. There was also an ice machine but we didn't use it.

Bottom line - I probably wouldn't stay there if I was traveling alone (why was the woman hiding behind glass?) but I would happily stay there again if I was with my husband and kids. The setup was perfect for us.

7  Thank SoCal_mother