“Great Hideaway”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Williams Trace
Description: Fernando’s offers the rich culinary experiences of Spain, Italy, Mexico and South America all under one roof. Diners are treated to daily specials, as well as menu items all prepared with fresh ingredients that Fernando picks up from his daily visits to the markets. South American steaks, Latin fusion dishes and pastas are some of the standouts on the menu. you should never be surprised to see Fernando waiting on tables and taking care of his guests. Not only is he the owner and manager, he is the chef, host, waiter and even bus boy on occasion. Zagat rated from 2008-10, Fernando's also has private rooms available and is a great location for private parties or events. Pay Fernando and his staff a visit in Sugar Land soon!
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Just when it seemed like this old sailor was about to drop anchor in that last lagoon – a fresh wind took me back to sea. If you’re in Houston with a significant other going to one of the concert venues around Sugarland let me suggest the perfect place for avant or apré performance – Fernando’s. It is an excellent restaurant for a couple; the tables are not jammed on top of each other, the service was excellent without being obtrusive (and yes – as soon as I walked in I could hear Ella Fitzgerald singing “You will be free, to gaze at me, and talk of love” from Fernando’s Hideaway). The food was great, the wine parings sublime. Fernando’s is a Latin Steakhouse. My wife had the steak which was cooked to a flawless medium rare. I had the Ceviche the first time and the Paella the second. (This is a seasonal dish but well worth the wait.) I’ll tie up at this port anytime.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I've been remise in writing this review to thank and acknowledge Fernando's for being such an exceptional place to celebrate any special occasion.
Our daughter got married last year and her husband's wonderful family hosted a large gathering of family and friends at this beautiful restaurant.
The accommodations were perfect, the food was delicious and the service first class!
It couldn't have been any nicer.
Thank you Fernando for all that you do to make a Sugar Land such a special place to visit and dine out.
You are a delight and so is your lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Fernanado's has the atmosphere of a very high end restaurant. The food is impeccable. The steaks are deliciously perpared at the corvinao (Sea Bass) is the specialty of the house.We have been eating there since it opened and even enjoyed an anniversary dinner with them. Fernanado cooks everything fresh. If you are in the Sugarland area this restaurant is a place to visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I discovered this restaurant very recently and have been there three times already. As another reviewer put it, this is indeed the "Best kept secret in Sugar Land." The recommended dishes below are all the ones we have had so far; I.e., all great indeed. Highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Mehmet P
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Went to a dinner meeting held at the restaurant. Had pre-ordered a vegetarian meal. Waiters kept trying to bring me the chicken dish despite my having the ticket clearly laid out at my place setting. There was a salad - fresh but skimpy on quantity, rolls that were ice cold, a few plantain chips, skimpy on quantity, then I was made to wait 45 min after every one else was served to get my vegetarian food. I thought they forgot about my meal! No apologies, no update, finally brought it out and it was just a larger portion of the pasta side they served everyone else! So why did it take an extra 45 min??? I can only assume extremely poor planning. No refills on the water, a poor man at our table was coughing and he had to drink water from another guest's glass..since no waiter would come by. Just horrible service. And the vegetarian food was mediocre and not nutritious. The organizers of the event should get their money back for the pathetic meal I was served..an hour late....:(