“BBQ Done well”
Review of Hard Eight BBQ

Hard Eight BBQ
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in The Colony
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Select your meat by the pound directly from the smoker under a covered shed. Go inside to select your sides and sit down to enjoy. We had brisket and pork ribs. The brisket was especially good. Beans are free and self serve; the rest of the sides are pre-packed and ready to go.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I like bbq. A lot. Mainly brisket. And this place was amazing! Not only was the selection overwhelming, but the atmosphere/ordering process would have any smoked meat lover enthralled. The brisket had a smoky flavor, unparalleled to any bbq I’ve had thus far. The jalapeño sausage was delicious! The prime rib (only available Fri-Sun) was medium rare and amazing! 2 locations in the Dallas area, and we went to both.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I think I was expecting it to be a little "fancier", but I actually like the open grilling and casual vibe. I loved how you can walk up and choose whatever you want and how much of it. One visit is not enough to really know a place, but I had wonderful brisket and some chicken ka-bobs that were terrific. The food, especially the meat, is the focus here. And they do a great job. I will be back.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

It was late and BBQ sounded good. Glad we chose Hard Eight. Order what you want, I had ribs and wife have loaded baked potato. It was awesome. Great service, the pit master knew what he was doing. It was entertaining to watch him serve up our meals.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife and I went there for a Saturday afternoon early dinner. The food is quite good, but.... You have to stand in line in a smokey queue (in the heat). You then place your order with someone in a dirty apron. Once you finally get inside you pay for your food per item. Finally you get to sit at either a high counter with little room or a picnic style table that is barely wiped clean. It was also extremely noisy and you could see occasional wisps of smoke in the room... If you are looking for a nice sit down dining location-this ain't it.