“Try the flights”

Add it.
Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom
Ranked #265 of 386 Restaurants in Tyler
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The beer flights are neat, to try different flavors. The food is all right, usually when they have specials. The Italian nachos are delightful. The pizza is over priced, but decent.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Our first time will be our last time. The Chicago, deep dish pizza is nothing but tons of dough with few toppings or sauce. I've eaten Chicago style pizza all over the world and nothing compares to this poorly prepared, franchise pizza. It just isnt the quality one would expect when thinking about Chicago deep dish pizza. For the beer drinker there is plenty of flavors to choose from. They do give you samples to try so you dont waste your money. That is a good thing as I tried about 5 sample brews and didnt like any of them. The sixth sample was good so I purchased a glass. There are better pizza places all around town so if you are in the mood for pizza, go someplace other than Old Chicago. Now if you want to drink beer, then you should be right at home here. Also had an order of their pricey wings.........definitely nothing to brag about here folks.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

We were visiting a daughter who has three small children. We ordered three different pizzas to please everyone. We were glad we did because us, the elders, had a feast with their local beer and just took our time. The service was good. By the way, the heated leftovers were just as good the next day. A little pricey.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Perhaps the worst part about eating here is trying to choose what food and drink to have! We knew we wanted to each order a flight of beers and asked for the beer menu. The waitress only brought one menu which made it difficult for both of us to choose the 4 beers since they have such a huge selection. She was helpful and brought a couple taster glasses to help us decide. Also, while being helpful, she came back frequently to see if we were ready to order. The flights of beer come in brandy snifter glasses on a board painted with chalkboard paint. The name of each beer is written on the board by the corresponding glass. This led to a bit of confusion as the bartender labeled the beers with not necessarily the same name we used to order the beers. Plus, they were out of one beer I'd requested and the bartender just randomly selected a substitute which seemed odd. Turned out it was a great substitute though! The food was great! I had a Calzone, my husband had an Italian Grinder deep dish pizza. The calzone was good, but his pizza was better! The crust was perfect with a bit of crunch. All the flavors melded together wonderfully. We also watched quite a few burgers and sandwiches walk by while we waited. We'll be back to check them out another time.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

First time ordering , person was really non interested , not helpful at all with my questions.
Went to pick up, very crowded area near entrance/ exit- 3 or 4 employees standing around , the only person apparently who could help me was on phone taking order .
Waited patiently , I could see my order , asked if one of them could help me? Nope. Finally she was free , not very nice , asked for Parmesan , gave me one packet for a large pizza, I just gave up .
Pizza was not great , very skimpy on ingredients - veggie pizza, come on , don't skimp!!
Just another blah pizza joint in Tyler , sigh, maybe someday ?