“Try the flights”

Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom
Ranked #226 of 404 Restaurants in Tyler
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The beer flights are neat, to try different flavors. The food is all right, usually when they have specials. The Italian nachos are delightful. The pizza is over priced, but decent.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

The food was very good. Good service. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great location. Very convenient.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I went with my family of 8 to Old Chicago for Mother's Day. Up to this point I have never had poor service at Old Chicago but then again this was the first time I visited the Old Chicago in Tyler. Living up North, Old Chicago is a favorite place and always packed. We were excited to know we did not have a wait to be seated when we arrived but little did we know the wait we would have after we were seated. We were not greeted by a server until at least 15 minutes of being seated. It was not because they were busy...we were 8 of maybe 20 people in the restaurant. We observed three waiters argue about who was going to have our table. Once someone did greet us it took them another five minutes to return to take our drink order. Once we ordered very simple drinks, mostly kid drinks, it was another 10 minutes. When we finally ordered our food, 40 minutes after being seated, we got the first appetizer delivered and it was the wrong one. The server acted like it was our mistake and unhappily took the wrong appetizer to the kitchen. We did get the right appetizer only to find we were charged for the incorrect appetizer. The server was reluctant about comping the mistake. I will say the pizza we ordered was very good I doubt we will ever return. To many other restaurants in Tyler, with better service, that I would rather spend my hard working money at. Not once did the manager stop by our table to ask how things were...even though he was around. Not sure he was too excited to be at work! The wait staff and service in Tyler gives Old Chicago a bad name!!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Ate here for the first time this week. Had Calzone that was very good. Service was good, and a very huge beverage selection. My wife had the pizza with Ale crust and said it was also good. We will go back for sure.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We've been to Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom enough that I would call myself a regular. You know it's a great place to eat when you notice the wait staff choose to eat there with their families when they're not working! All are very knowledgeable and excited about the beer selections which you can sample for free. Prices are very reasonable and you can join their Beer Tour (frequent flier-like club) which consistently gives $ off your next visit. They offer a monthly beer tour which is a great way to learn about beer and specialty themed beer products.

In terms of pizza we haven't had a bad one though you can't beat classic pepperoni! Both crust options are excellent though the Ale Crust is limited to individual size and large. We've tried their other fare; salads, nachos, wings, etc., but their best food product is their pizzas.

Will I return? The fact that we go here about every 10 days - two weeks means we are a due for a visit ! I think I feel a hankering for pizza coming on just writing this review!