“Excellent Food”

Tavolo Italian Kitchen
Ranked #203 of 399 Restaurants in Tyler
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Really enjoy Tavolo Italian Kitchen. Great food and staff. We had eggplant parmigiana and the sole and vegetables. I recommend both. Deserts were excellent.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Responsive service and freshly prepared food. Great for families. We loved the environment...upbeat music (not too loud) and no TVs in the main dining room. Good wine choices and modest portions for our yummy entrees. Our son liked his pasta and Caesar salad. Thus, we are all leaving happy!

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We used to dine at the "old" Sonoma Grill and thought it was decent. Things have gone down hill such moving to a new location which has probably forced them to "rebrand" into an Italian themed restaurant. We decided to give them another chance with their new concept. We placed a pick-up (take-out) order by phone and were prompted by the employee taking our order to give out our credit card number over the phone. Having been the victims of identity theft with credit card fraud involved, we were reluctant to do this but were told our order would not be prepared if we didn't comply. Hoping to experience great Italian cuisine we hesitantly complied and within two minutes of placing our order our credit card was charged. Upon arriving at the restaurant, I had a conservation with the owner about his credit card policy and expressed my outrage that he would insist in this day of age that his customers give out their credit card number over the phone and run it without the card present (even before the food is prepared or picked up).He gave his reasons for enforcing this policy and I politely responded by telling him that none of the other restaurants in Tyler that we frequently take out from have such a ridiculous policy.
As for food, mediocre would be the best word to describe. The Pasta Rambo (with cool chicken on top) was unmemorable and the Chicken Marsala was equally marginal. We tried to support a local neighborhood restaurant, but average to below average food coupled with a ridiculous policy for payment of carry-out orders is a deal breaker. Arrivederci Tavolo!

3  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

If you want a great meal at a reasonable price, try Tavolo. It is in the old Sonoma Grill location on Old Jacksonville Highway. The Italian food is to die for!
They are open seven days a week.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

My wife and I were invited to Tavolo Italian Kitchen's Grand Opening the Thursday before Mother's Day. We were able to sample many of their items and so very impressed with the quality of their food. Most notable for me was their eggplant parmigiana, meatballs and flatbread pizza.

We were so impressed, we brought my mother in law on Saturday for an early Mother's Day lunch. All three of us were duly impressed with our meals. My Parmesan encrusted sole topped with lemon butter and fresh basil was outstanding, my wife's crab cakes were delicious with lots of crab and very little breading and my mother in laws tortellini primavera with grilled shrimp was perfect for her.

Our waiter on Saturday was Felipe who did an outstanding job. He was quite knowledgeable about the menu, friendly and very attentive without being overbearing.

All together, this made the experience at Tavolo's memorable. I certainly look forward to patronizing this restaurant again and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

2  Thank STM0041