“EXTREME overpricing”

Chuck E. Cheese
Ranked #296 of 404 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Took our son for his birthday last year. For a family of three adults and one child, we spent almost EIGHTY DOLLARS!!! FOR PIZZA AND A SALAD BAR!!! Wow. Just... Wow... Speechless. The pizza and salad bar were good, but not 80 bucks worth. My son had a ball playing all the games. But of course, you have to get like, 50,000 tickets to get a stick of gum at the prize counter. It's just so overpriced it's unbelievable. Can NOT believe we paid what we did. Won't be doing it again, that's for sure.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Knowing that many people, restaurants, places, etc. can have "off" or "bad" days, I usually re-visit several times, hoping for improvement/changes. However, after several visits with different kids and grandchildren over a period of time, the same type of things have worsened. Unfortunately, the following are some details from the latest visit:
Upon arrival with my son and his wife, and my 2 & 4 yr old grandchildren, there were a lot of vacant tables, but none that had been cleaned. After locating someone to do so, it still had food in the booth and was still sticky. We found supplies and cleaned it.
In waiting for a while to order, I went to purchase pass cards from a machine. One was broken, and those in line were having difficulty with this one. I requested a receipt for the 2 cards....took forever..no receipt. Finally found someone that didn't know anything about it, but said someone else would have to stop, come open up machine, etc. Nothing ever happened. (Reason for this was that one time I had been double charged)
Not only was food, trash, etc lying in floor, but lying next to a game near tables near the front, was a pair of partially folded-over small blue jeans filled with "something" all in it and running out (not sure if was "throw-up" or the other.....sorry!). They remained there the entire time (over 2 hours) except the "stuff" was being stepped on by kids running by. (Could not take photos of this, since older kids running by had knocked my phone out of hand and it wasn't working properly at that time.)
Several games/rides not working or not working correctly. Some took point off card...but did nothing..and each time tried, more points off. An employee said to keep count of points lost, and tell someone later, and would be put back on card. (keep reading!). Other people were saying same thing with the same difficulties and were frustrated. Some left.
With very young children, we were with them at all times, but much older ones and some that appeared to be teenagers were still running through the smaller ride area and knocking some kids down, as well as riding these small rides. Yes, the adults should supervise those kids, but perhaps some "visible" supervision from store might help in that area.
Although the pizza was fairly good at the time (was hot, tasted fresh), family members had some stomach issues later.
Restrooms were not clean at all, and were in need of much assistance.
Before leaving, my son eventually asked for "management" and told a female what we had been told earlier, and we had lost about 10-11 points between the 2 cards. She stated "that was rather strange", said the machines were working, implying we were not telling the truth. None of us had a reason to do that.....was already plenty of points still left on both cards anyway....it was a matter of principle!
I am certainly not bothered by a few points, but I am bothered by poor, or lack of customer service, health issues, safety factors, and quality standards in a restaurant. I did not spend nearly $70 to have these ongoing issues and concerns.
Of course, people will continue to frequent Chuck E Cheese. I sincerely hope that this one will soon be back to the quality and standards that it once possessed long ago. Chuck E Cheese should always be a positive experience for everyone!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We have been to several Chuck E. Cheese as we travel & this one needs some attention. I seen a total of 3 employees, one looking to be a manager- I'm sure their were cooks in the back as well. A lady named Dejaune (spelling) stamped us to get in, rang us up to eat, got us our ticket winnings, & let us out the door. She is very overworked, however she was handling it with a smile. There were people waiting at all lines.... the kids had fun but again the place needs attention.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We showed up at 11:50am, no lunch buffet and had to wait over 20 minutes for it. Tables were filthy, asked someone to clean them. They said they would get to it in a minute. So we waited over 5 minutes and they were not cleaned. Took a table in the far back that looked cleaner than others. Every other game was broken and we wasted most of our play money on games that did not work. I saw someone fixing a game and told him we just tried to use the ride game twice and it's not working. He went over, looked at it and said, "Yep its not working." and walked away. When we went to cash in our tickets, most of the prizes were gone. I asked if they could get the ones in the case and she said she cant open it. I was going to talk to the manager but she was already talking to someone, actually arguing with a man about whether his pizza was done in 20 minutes or less. So we left. Chuck E Cheese needs an upgrade and the staff needs a course on Customer Service.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Went with my 2, 8, and 9 year old grandchildren. They enjoyed the arcade more than the pizza. The pizza was ok, nothing inspirational, but you are really paying for the kids to play games, not quality or cheap eats. Animatronic mouse was mostly inactive, but the person in the suit was great.

Been to Chuck E. Cheese? Share your experiences!