“The Gold Standard of Succulent Subs”
Review of Jersey Mikes

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jersey Mikes
Ranked #208 of 386 Restaurants in Tyler
Reviewed 15 August 2016

To all of you neophytes that have yet to venture into Jersey Mike's - well what in the heck are you waiting for? This is the original location for Tyler - opened in 2003. I was there the first day praying it would be a suitable alternative for Subway (about the only place in Tyler you could buy a sub back then). I was blown away. Not only are their selections terrific, but they make an authentic East Coast Cheesesteak with real italian sweet/sour peppers. In fact I like to order what I call a Turkey Cheesesteak that is fixed like the original Philly (on the grill with peppers and onions), but instead of provolone I ask for swiss and I then go ahead and dress it with lettuce and tomatoes and vinegar and oregano and very, very light mayo.. Yum, yum. It's the #7 - just tell em to make it like the Philly. They'll know what you are talking about - I've trained em well. Bon appetit.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Good Subs. Lots of bread if you like that you will be in heaven. I do not like that they make you opt in or out of a Tip when you pay with credit/debit card. If I want to tip at a fast food joint I will but please don't ask me to make a tip at the check out register.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

I had a wonderfully fresh turkey/avocado sandwich with the cheese and rosemary bread. I am very particular about the curb appeal where I eat!! When we pulled up we noticed trash on and near the outside eating deck, paper cups and other paper trash items in the parking area in the front of the established, this was a turn off to me, however my husband convinced me to try the food. The only reason that I could not give Jersey Mike's a 5 star rating?? The curb appeal!!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Jersey Mikes are consistently good everywhere we travel and the one in Tyler was a notch above the rest. The sandwich we had was a #13 made MIKES WAY and it was delicious. If you never had a Sub made with Italian cold cuts, cheese and oil and vinegar on great fresh bread you haven't lived. The staff and manager were friendly and efficient and handled a long line of customers quickly and without missing a beat. Try it you'll love the sandwiches,

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Great bread, excellent cold cuts, well dressed sandwiches are a consistent combination at Jersey Mike's. The #13 Italian is my favorite.

1  Thank STM0041