“Perfect NYC Pizza and Pasta”

New York Pizza & Pasta Italian Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 386 Restaurants in Tyler
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

As far as I can tell, these folks have their hearts set on being true to NYC style pizza, Italian entrees, and sandwiches, desserts and service concepts. I see only good things happening here.

You order at the counter. It keeps prices low and they pass those savings on to you with amazing portions, a long list of terrific sounding lunch specials (Mon - Sat) and regular menu items all modestly priced.
We had pizza, salads with house dressing and the lunch Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. We chose the 16" Supreme Pizza plus anchovies and were very impressed by the well cooked crispy crust and the multitude of fresh, high quality ingredients. I would have liked a few more anchovies; but it was okay. I am just an anchovy lover!
The salad was big, chilled and the house dressing scrumptious - that wonderful tangy tomato basil, oil and vinegar dressing for Italian salads. My husband's lunch special came with a salad and I got one on the side.
The Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo was a huge portion for lunch at $7.95 with the salad and very good homemade knot rolls. With a creamy and silken sauce, the pasta was perfect and the chicken tender.

They bring your order to your table, remove your dishes and bring you to-go boxes, as well as anything else you might need. We had great food, a great experience and they had great looking desserts which we did not try because we were stuffed!! They have beautiful, private and comfortable booths as well as tables and chairs. Tyler, you are fortunate to have New York Pizza and Pasta Italian Kitchen! We are out-of-towners; but I would return here if ever in town, again.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Sauce and crust are so important to me. The sauce was fine but the crust was like cardboard. No flavor, dry and semi-hard. They did use fresh mushrooms. Price was quite reasonable but you get what you pay for. Probably won't order from here again.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant weekly for about a month now and it has become our favorite Italian restaurant . It is owned by a "true" Italian family and the food tastes it. The stuffed mushroom appetizer in cream sauce is out of this world. Meat balls are the best I've had and you never go wrong with any of the pizzas. The price is right and food is great, what else could you want.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Wow. You ever walk into a place and just know that your initial curbside impression was wrong? Well, put me in that club once I went inside the NYP&P Italian Kitchen. Actual Dino Martini (Dean Martin to the unwashed) on the speakers and an atmosphere, while quite functional, still lends itself to a very pleasant dining experience. Something that is becoming more and more rare these days. You just don't feel rushed in this place, which is nice when you want to enjoy a meal the Italiano way. And speaking of the meal - it was delicioso! Had the chicken parm w/extra "gravy", house salad and their wonderful garlic rolls. Lots of food and lots of flavor. There is not full table service here so no tipping is expected. Alcohol is not served but you are allowed to bring your own wine. This is a great little place for not just lunch (great deals on their specials), but for a romantic inexpensive dinner as well. Simply an offer you can't refuse. Bon appetit.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

This place is a fairly new addition to the Tyler restaurant scene and many locals still don't realize that it's more than just another little pizza joint. At the encouragement of a friend, we went to check it out for lunch about a month ago. It was so good, we've been back several times since. You order at the counter, have a seat and they bring everything but the drinks (which are self-serve) to you. Everyone we've dealt with their has been friendly and helpful

They've got about 2 dozen selections on the pasta menu, all of which are available as lunch (A few are $6.95, most are $7.95, but that includes salad and rolls). I'm slowly working my way through most of it and have yet to be disappointed. The rolls are dangerous to my waistline they are so tempting.

Especially tasty is the Chicken Venito (#14) which I order with angel hair instead of ziti. I've suggested it to several friends and they've all loved it. You can substitute what sort of pasta you want on many of the dishes and sometimes (depending on the dish) try a different suace. My wife's favorite is last on the list, Tortellini al Forno.

The pizza is pretty good, especially the stuffed one. You can order by the slice and one stuffed slice is a pretty good meal by itself. I haven't tried the stromboli or calzone yet, but will sometime soon.

It's hard to beat a place like this which has such excellent food at a very reasonable price and a convenient location.