“Always Good IHOP Food and Great Service”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #149 of 434 Restaurants in Waco
Reviewed 18 April 2017

OK, so it's an IHOP and I never give 5 star reviews to basic chain restaurants. However, I visit this location often as I have a student in college near by. I always seem to get some nice young person as a server who has good manners and a kind disposition. Today was no different. Adam G. was my server and he was efficient, extremely polite, and made sure we had everything we needed. I had a great "breakfast for dinner" and everything was cooked exactly as I asked. The portions are always more than adequate and I usually can't finish something. I have been here when service was a little slow but it was because the restaurant was understaffed. I feel sorry for the servers when that happens because they can't help it. However today, I have no complaints! Thank you for a great meal, fresh coffee and the great service before my three hour drive back home. :)

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The food was average and the service was ok. It was close to our hotel so we chose to eat there. Did not have breakfast items so they may have been better than the dinner items.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We stopped in for what we thought would be the usual IHOP experience -- good breakfast food served quickly at a fair price. Instead, this was easily one of the worst dining experiences we've ever had. At one point, we almost opted to just pay for our drinks and leave as we'd been waiting 45 minutes and our food was not yet out.

This was a Friday night dinner service which should've been all done in about an hour but instead took an hour and a half. Our server was sweet and trying her best but has a good ways to go on learning the menu along with the finer points of taking care of tables. Management was glaringly lacking.

My wife's dish was not served with the fresh tomatoes as shown on the picture. The avocado slices were thin and visually off-putting. My dish was swimming in grease and tasted as it'd been sitting under the heat lamp. Our boys' waffles were soggy and half cooked. We had a good bit of driving left so we ate quickly and mentioned to our waitress that the experience was very, very disappointing. The manager on staff was trying to diffuse another patron's complaints which is why we didn't bother to waste any more time to communicate to her our frustration.

Uninspired staff with chaos in the galley made for a horrible IHOP experience. Save your money and drive past this venue. We wish we had.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I really enjoyed my coffee and breakfast at I hop. I had crispy bacon, crispy hashbrowns, fluffy pancakes, eggs over easy and GREAT coffee. Service was quick, waitress was friendly and the wifi was strong. No complaints.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

When in Waco I almost always have breakfast here. It is always clean and friendly. I like the bright atmosphere and there is not a lot of noise. The meal has been hot and cooked just right. Very tasty

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!