“Coconut Shrimp”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Coconut shrimp was very good, as well as, the rice casserole and sweet potato casserole. Service was friendly. Watched the beginning of the Astros game!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I've lived in Waco for 10 years and I still don't get it. The food is average, the atmosphere is just like a diner. I did have fried pickes and the Big O for the first time, which are fun. The salsa is terrible, don't waste your money. There's so many other good places in Waco, don't waste your time here.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

This time we enjoyed the half order chicken fried steak special . Last time my wife had fried chicken. Everything was delicious, including the gravy! The Southern style green beans were soft and very flavorful. Mashed potatoes were also very good.
The service was friendly and quick, even though the place was packed. place has been an institution since before we were Baylor students 40 years ago, and it was as yummy, fun and reasonably priced last weekend as then

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We watched a Baylor football game on the tv's here, and the staff was very accommodating. There were other folks in the bar who wanted to watch a baseball game, and they asked if they could switch the games on the TV's.

There was a decent variety of food, and I was told the wings are the best. I had a blue cheese burger, which was good - but I didn't realize it would be 2 patties! So unless you're really hungry, that might not be your first choice! I had it with the sweet potato fries, and they were seasoned with cinnamon, which didn't appeal to me.

Margaritas came in large glasses, and the service was awesome.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of my husband's favorite eateries when we are in Waco. The menu is pretty broad for American traditional dishes; everything from cocker fried steak to nachos. There ate a few unique appetizers that we have to order upon every visit.

Been to George's Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!