“Best Find of the Year! Awesome Home style Italian ”
Review of La Scala

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Scala
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Not just an Outstanding pizza place.

They have a full Italian menu with veal, chicken, beef, Italian sausage, steak and seafood. Full pasta and salad menu items.

We started with Bruschetta on fresh baked Italian Bread.

We decided to do the traditional meals. My wife had Fettuccine Alfredo and I had Spaghetti With Italian Sausage. It came with unlimited fresh hot Bread although there was so much food we had to take some home with us.

Then we were in for the biggest shock of the year. The bill came and all of this food was $22. We always drink Ice water with our meals so drinks would be a little more

I have paid more than three times this price for less quality and quantity.

This is some of the best Italian food I have had outside of a Five Star restaurant.

Best find of the Year! We will be back!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

If you are tired of the typical pizza delivery, this pizza has a unique taste that we really enjoy. The pasta dishes are very good at this price level of restaurant (bear in mind the entrees are under $10, this is not "highbrow" Italian). Nice selection to choose from with some seafood choices as well. The old classic chicken cacciatore is one of their best options.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I have zero problem waiting for good food, so I didn't care that my food took quite some time to come out (35 minutes for a pizza). What I do have a problem with is slow service in a restaurant that isn't even busy. It took at least 20 minutes for my server to come back to my table, even though I had asked for a box from the get go...and had my plates and napkin at the corner of the table...and my credit card out to pay. I really shouldn't have to wait that long to pay you.

Reviewed 26 November 2015

SIx of us went to dinner on a week night and had excellent service. The bruschetta was better than any I've had at other local restaurants. I had veal which I generally do not order because I haven't found a restaurant that offers a decent veal dish. Mine was quite good. The portions were large enough that several of us took to-go boxes. We will definitely go back. It is interesting to note that they have three separate areas and a patio. There is a bar area which is closed off from the restaurant area and a pizza area - Joe's Pizza .

Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

You want to like it here, nice enough people, seems like a family place. But the pizza is the farthest thing from New York pizza, so don't be mislead by the reviews. Over heeded, and salty, with a mall pizza feel with ingredients. Service was okay, but the fact that there is still a restaurant in this century that has a smoking area is what will keep me from here to try and find a meal that is actually authentic. The smell of cigarettes is very present , the bar area is smoking as well. So if you like to be in a place and breath that in and hang your clothes outside from the smoke, this makes get be for you. So for me, it's in the "I won't be back" pile.