“Horrid Service”

Whitesboro Inn & Suites
Whitesboro Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Whitesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was recommended this hotel by a friend and payed for a weeks stay. At 250 a night the exterior looked decent, seemed like a okay deal. I get in my room, and found a dead mouse (shriveled and decaying) that gave the room an off smell. The next 2 days were alright. I asked for a wake up call at 1:15 pm and got one the next morning at 1:15 AM. I chucked this to human error. The 5th day, I take a nap and wake up with the room disheveled. I had taken a sleep medication and did not wake up during the intrusion. The door was locked and the chain had been put up. I woke up with the chain broken. I did not notice until after i came back the next day after work. I attempted to get them to fix it and they said to "put it on the window", no type of commendation was given for the break in. They would not even check security systems. The housekeepers would also come at 8 in the morning and bang on my door, until i answered. I had a do not disturb sign on my door as well. I open my door to unclean woman and man, their appearance looked dishevled and as if they had not taken a bath for months. Why would I want someone who cannot take care of themselves clean my room?! I told them not to come by again. I will handle the cleaning. I spoke with the front desk 3 times for this. Keycards became deactived 2 times before the end of my checkout date as well.. Overall .. hotel okay.. but the service was horrid.. if given a second chance.. I would not pay 15 dollars for a week at this hotel..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 July 2010

This rather new hotel, looks pleasant enough from the outside, but, upon entering there were dead bugs on the floor by the door and cobwebs on the bedside lights! But sometimes those things can be overlooked if the rest of the package is good, but here is where it turned sour (customer service is much more important than a dead bug or two, hey, at least they were dead) I tried to use the vending machine on the property, across from the hotel pool, to purchase a bottle of water....no water, no money back, so I went to the front desk and politely said to the evening desk lady, "The machine does not seem to want to give me water or my money back", her reply, "Too bad, the machines don't belong to us." I asked if there was something she could do about it, again I was told, not the front desk problem, go find the 800 number and call it. I then asked if I could speak to a manager, her reply, the manager is out of town call this number, alas it was the number for the front desk and I would have just gotten to talk to her. I must admit, I did say to her that there was a lack of customer service, (since they had, right behind the front desk a cooler with 49 cent water for sale for $1.25). I suggested in the manor of hospitality they could at least offer to return the money and deal with the vending guy themselves (as any reputable hotel with customer service in mind would do) or just let me have a bottle of water and write the 49 cents off....but noooooo, once again I was told too bad! When I insisted on a number for the manager, she went to the back and got another lady, this lady then asked very bruskly what the problem was, again I asked for the manager's number and was swiftly given a bottle of water ,a very dirty look and a "you satisfied now?" I must add though, lest you think all customer service was bad, the lady that was on days when we arrived, could not have been any more pleasant or helpful. Having booked another stay here for the future, (because of the initial warm reception) I guarantee I shall cancel just to avoid having to deal with the night people! And I shall persue the manager's number and let him know his night staff leaves much to be desired! I firmly believe after many years in the travel business, customer service should always come first! If you want customer service in the evening DO NOT stay at the Whitesboro Inn & Suites!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank blackbyrd
dixiedee, Front Office Manager at Whitesboro Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

I am so sorry for your experience here. I can only tell you that since then we have been bought out by another group of people who are very nice. And I still work there!

Been to Whitesboro Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!