Knowing now what this place is like I would have drove straight through to where we were going. The deadbolt had been removed from the door and the only thing left was the locking knob that did not work all the time. Slept with our luggage jammed up against the door.
The room was big enough and clean with a decent bathroom but the rest had seen better days in terms of worn out. There were no extra pillows in the room and we only discovered this after the office was closed for the night. Did not have a good sleep on that bed.
The heater/fan was noisy and had to turn it off.
Staff had a take it or leave it attitude at the desk. The only saving grace was it was cheap.
First thing next moring we were on the road again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hanksville motel gives you a great central location in the grand circle of southern Utah's national parks; this is why Whispering Sands Motel is premium Hanksville lodging. Enjoy the Satellite TV, wireless internet, air conditioning, and clean/comfy rooms that do include Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Whispering Sands Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Sands Hotel Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Hanksville