“I agree with vailaspen .. it depends on what you're looking for”

Retreat Lodge & Cabins at Mt. Peale Animal Sanctuary and Healing Center
Ranked #1 of 1 La Sal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2014

I found these cabins listed as Canyonlands lodging and I assumed that it meant they were close to Arches and Canyonlands when in fact they are not. They are some 30 odd miles from either one with NOTHING within 14+ miles of the inn .. no gas, no restaurant, no cellphone service. To add to the confusion there is some difference between those who stay at the Inn and those who stay at the cabins... in the cabins you are on your own, at the inn you can have breakfast and dinner and some interaction with the owners .... while I was there I saw several cars and maybe 2 people from afar ..very isolated and not at all inclusive ... I admire the owners work providing sanctuary and I love animals but at the cabins there was never anyone around for the opportunity to interact with the animals .. if you want your alone time in the wilderness I recommend the cabins, if you want to volunteer at the sanctuary I recommend this place ..if you want to visit Canyonlands NP and Arches, try HARD to stay in Moab.

Room Tip: any room is good if you want to volunteer at the sanctuary or just have some down time .. if you wan...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aztecos

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We rented one of the cabins so that we could have a relaxing place to stay between activities in Moab. This Lodge is 34 miles from South Moab and an average 45 min commute. La Sal is a very small farming community with no services for tourists. We regretted that the activities were so far away and it would have been nicer to stay closer to Moab with restaurants, shopping and goings on. This location would be good in the heat of the Moab summer as it is at a considerably higher altitude and is cooler. The property is a working ranch where they take in dogs, cats and horses. It is a peaceful place.

Room Tip: Stay in the lodge, it is cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vailaspen
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I started staying at Mt. Peale Inn a couple of years ago while helping some friends work on their house a mile away. I keep coming back because of the healing quiet peacefulness of the place. It is near the base of the La Sal Mountains with easy access to the La Sal Mountain Pass road taking you up into cool mountain meadows with aspen, ponderosa and spruce trees abounding. The lodge and cabins are clean and well laid out. You can even rent the whole lodge! Next year I plan on bringing the whole gang up for a family reunion. It's about 45 minutes back down the road to Moab and Arches National Park, but it's about 20 degrees cooler most of the summer for better sleeping at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I had stayed at the Inn before and had a pleasant time. I booked two cabins for a recent family trip. The hosts seemed very helpful. However, only one week before our trip they informed me they had overbooked one of the cabins but would offer extra sleeping in the second cabin. The day before our stay they emailed me and said they had overbooked the second cabin too. They offered a backup and made me call and make the arrangements myself. The second cabin owner had no idea we would be coming and had to hurry and prepare the cabin. In all fairness to the back up cabin owner the place was clean but it had nothing that we were promised in the Mt. Peale cabins. No kitchen supplies, no bar-b-que, no tv/satelite, etc. This put a real twist to our trip. Lisa and Teague are poor examples of the "service" industry.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mbarnes151
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin- 3 adults. It was immaculately clean, roomy and a great base for our travels to the Moab parks and southern Canyonlands. It is a bit out of the way, but this was why we chose it. We sat on the deck eating breakfast, watching a pair of bluebirds build their nest, just soaking in the peace. Teague, Lisa, Klysta and Jeff were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this for anyone who doesn't want the concrete and noise of Moab.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
16 km away
3 Step Hideaway
3 Step Hideaway
#1 of 1 in La Sal

Been to Retreat Lodge & Cabins at Mt. Peale Animal Sanctuary and Healing Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Retreat Lodge & Cabins at Mt. Peale Animal Sanctuary and Healing Center

Address: 1415 East Highway 46, La Sal, UT 84530
Region: United States > Utah > La Sal
Ranked #1 of 1 B&Bs / Inns in La Sal
Price Range: $101 - $593 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Retreat Lodge & Cabins at Mt. Peale Animal Sanctuary and Healing Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Retreat Lodge & Cabins at Mt. Peale Animal Sanctuary and Healing Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.