“Best Rib Dinner for Two ....ever!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #16 of 185 Restaurants in Layton
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The ribs were delectable! It come with chicken, shredded pork on a bun, corn on the cob, beans and coleslaw. We got it to go and it was awesome.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

The food was great and delicious. The staff treated my family and I with both professionalism and courtesy.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

After a long day driving we stayed at the La Quinta so being able to walk to the restaurant was a bonus.

We were greeted by a friendly and informative host who seated us quickly and explained the specials. Our server was efficient and friendly, she took our beverage order updated us on the status of our food.

I had the ribs and my wife has the brisket ends with a salad. The food was tasty and my ribs were not lathered in sauce so we could taste the meat and not over powered by BBQ sauce.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Absolutely great BBQ. I would highly recommend eating here. We're from the south and eat a lot of BBQ.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

At one time I figured this was THE place to eat in this neighborhood. Now there are other barbeque places and the luster is off. They aim for the funky (pipe napkin holders etc.) and the rest of the décor is good. However, the bloom is off the taste. They offer what, four sauces, not one mellow, and every one is too strong for the beginner. Not only are they strong, but the flavor is not what it could be. They are busy, but the service is not up to par. Ribs are a bit tough. Chicken is far from great. So no, there are much better places to get barbeque, especially in Riverdale. When we are in Layton, we will go to another place to eat, as there are literally dozens in the neighborhood. Sorry Dave, but you need to get out more often... No wonder the St. George location failed.

1  Thank Larry P