“Great Beer Selection”

Ranked #12 of 196 Restaurants in Layton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Came for bite and was impressed by the extensive beer selection, the grub is fine but took a very long time so avoid if in a hurry, the TV's in the pub area are in need of serious upgrade. The bartender manager is very nice and tries her best but there is so room for improvement.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The food here is NOT authentic Irish cuisine. I’ve been to Ireland a few times, and the food here doesn’t even come close to the simplest small town pub back there. I ordered their traditional Shepherds Pie, but they were “out of it” (go figure), so I opted for the Buffalo Shepherds Pie instead. It had venison, which sounded delicious, and andouille sausage (Cajun Irish? ). Well, my meal finally arrived, along with the soup I ordered as a appetizer (yes, both at the same time). The main portion tasted ok, but the mashed potatoes on top were completely smothered in cheese, which is NOT at all traditional. Besides the food itself being a complete waste of time, I ordered my last Guinness as we were asking for the check. The served acknowledged, then 10 minutes later brings out everyone’s checks, but no Guinness in hand. I reminded her that I ordered a Guinness the same time another gentleman at our table ordered his final beer, and she told me that she saw another server carry my beer out, but it must’ve gone to the wrong table. She comes back 5 minutes later with my check, explaining the entire story of what happened to my beer, and how they fixed my check to reflect. OMG, I just wanted her to bring me my bloody Guinness!!! It this point I’m livid. I leave her 10% (because I’m not a complete a-hole), and I walk out. Never again will this place get my business!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Went there with 7 others. One of the first things we were told is that they were out of corn beef and cabbage, split pea soup, among other items on the menu. It took 35 minutes for them to come to take our orders. and then after approximately 10 minutes they came and said that they were out of wings and slaw. Didn't leave to many options The floor under the table was sticky with who knows what. After an additional 40 minute wait, our food finally came out. Some of the most bland food we have ever had. The steak had no flavor and was tough, the Pub Club turkey was dry and tasteless. The fries had so much slat on them that we had to shake it off, and then they were still really salty. The Ruben sandwich had do slaw on it (who has heard of a Ruben sandwich without slaw). The only thing that was good was the fish and chips, but again the chips were loaded with salt. We had to ask for refills on both the soft drinks and water. One of our group left the message "well it is a pub, so I guess of you are dunk enough, you won't care what the food tastes like.". Never going there again. Oh also the lighting was so bad that some of us used the flash light on our phone to read the menu, because the lighting was, and the menu's dark color.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We went here to find our favorite beer, Guinness, which they had, along with 116 other beers. We added the calamari and loved it. The staff was terrific! We will go here again.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for the full Irish experience, MacCools's is the place to go. Inside you'll find takes and chairs carved with runes and Celtic symbols. They serve authentic Irish cuisines, along with a full bar, serving some of the best beers around. It's also one of the only places to get Guinness on tap. Two of my favorite dishes are Bangers and Mash, and Shepherds Pie. The staff is on the ball, friendly, and knowledgeable. The owner likes to make the rounds and meet everyone. He's a great guy to talk to.