“Excellent Food and Excellent Service”

Big Rock Grill & Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Marysvale
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Description: Chef and family owned and operated. Genuine care and concern for each and every guest. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Seasonal hours, please call ahead November thru April for hours. Open 7 days a week from May thru October. Casual comfort food, chef's specials, steaks, fine seafood, smoked prime rib, brisket, chicken, pork and our ever popular grilled smoked meatloaf. Vegetarian and vegan options available. We try our best to accommodate special diets or requests. Friendly, professional service and outstanding quality food served in a beautiful rustic lodge atmosphere. Outdoor dining available as well.
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We flew into Utah to pick up our new work truck. We headed out to take back roads on the way to Las Vegas for a stop there. We live in the Bay Area (near all the big high tech companies) and we are used to having pretty awesome food available. Once we hit Utah we were pretty disappointed. UNTIL we found Big Rock Grill & Smokehouse. Neither of us was particularly ready for lunch, but when I walked in I had a great feeling about it when I saw the menu. SO GLAD WE CHOSE TO EAT!! Best meal we have had in Utah...hands down. Their sandwiches are insanely great (the BLTG was particularly good. The french fries are undeniably delish. Best I have had in years and years. The iced tea is very good (we are big fans of iced tea). However the highlight hands down was the blackberry cobbler. You cannot pass it up. You will hate yourself. I will hate you. Have the blackberry cobbler. And a personal recommendation.....DON'T SHARE!!!!!! It's way to delish. Very friendly staff, really aesthetic little restaurant. I wish we were passing back by to try other dishes. Thanks for an awesome, unforgettable meal!!!!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We went into the quaint building which housed the cleanest most inviting restaurant you could ever imagine in such a country setting off the beaten track. We were met and served by Melissa our wonderful waitress. She was so friendly and efficient and made us feel right at home.
When the meals arrived we were once again amazed as the presentation was wonderful and the food was fresh and delicious.
We have told many friends about it as we want to share this great find with everyone we know. Coming back to Canada from a winter in Arizona it is a beautiful drive that is well worth making part of your trip!

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We'd heard about this place from a friend & while it's off the beaten path, it was a WONDERFUL experience!!! I ordered the French Dip & my husband got the buffalo burger...... Both were outstanding!!
I work in customer service & I have to say that Josh's personality & friendliness was refreshing! In this day & age, customer service seems to be lagging so it was a welcoming surprise!
Great experience all around & I would return if in the area again~

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We had stopped on our way to our next hotel after visiting Mystic Hot Springs. Its family owned and an interesting place to stop. It's a little bit on the pricey side but they make most of the food there and there's a lot of heart put into it.

I would recommend the fried calliflower appetizer, it was delicious. The female waitress was a bit stand offish but the male on who is the chef's son was super attentive and awesome.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Great food, excellent service.. Owner came out to visit. We were there for breakfast and enjoyed it so much that we came back for dinner.