“Best fresh sushi!”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on Historic 25th Street in Ogden, Utah, Tona provides a big city taste in a friendly and relaxed setting. Choose between the main dining area, the semi-private guest room, or watch chef's creations first hand at the sushi bar. Experience unique and original creations using only the freshest fish and truly authentic ingredients. Tona supports local farm fresh produce. Chefs at Tona create dishes around seasonal goods. Guests who come to Tona can expect to savor dishes they have not tried before. Our menu also offers inventive and tasty grilled and tempura items for those looking for more traditional fare. Please note that Tona accepts a limited number of reservations each night and leaves the majority of seating open to walk-in guests.
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

This is our go to restaurant if we want fresh sushi! Their California rolls are amazing. Their wasabi is delicious! Drug reps bring this to our office about once a month. It never gets old!!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

One of the best sushi places we’ve been to. We had miso soup, cucumber and shrimp salad, sashimi sampler, some sushi and rolls, and everything was absolutely delicious. Great service. We will definitely go to this restaurant again when skiing in Utah next year.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Always excellent nigiri and rolls, small plates are equally good. Typically they have specials that are excellent. My wife and i eat here once or twice a month.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

It's been a while since my husband and I have been to Tona--not sure why because it is our favorite sushi restaurant, but in the interim, we have had sushi elsewhere. This recent trip reminded us that we have yet to try any sushi that is as good as Tona's. I simply adore it.
I also love the "back-story." The chef is an Ogden native who went off the San Francisco to learn how to be the best sushi chef and then brought his wonderful talent back to his hometown.
You also can't go wrong with the miso soup, the vegie tempura and the chocolate mousse (yes, mousse!). Unfortunately, I haven't tasted much else because we always get sushi.
(My husband didn't think he liked sushi--then I introduced him to Tona. Now we're both devotees.)

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I tried Tona last week. The sushi was good, with nice large rolls. The staff was very friendly. I would suggest that you make a reservation.