“Great Food and Amazing Service”
Review of Coal & Lumber

Coal & Lumber
Reserve with OpenTable
Coal & Lumber is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 273 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I stopped in Sunday for Brunch. We shared an Avocado Toast with Beets, I asked for Kosher Salt as I felt the Avocado would need it. I was in for a pleasant surprise, the Chef had seasoned it absolutely perfectly. My GF, had an amazing Shrimp & Grits, I had Steak and Egg Bowl, both were spot on. The Coffee is an Espresso Roast and almost Orgasmic in flavor. This is our absolute new favorite on the Wasatch Food Scene. Well Done Chef !!!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Wine and charcuterie was excellent. Meats and cheeses, mozzarella and melons. Great service. Can't wait to try entrees

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Such a perfect meal! We had to make a choice for a first-night-in-town dinner, and we wanted to try somewhere we hadn't yet been, and I am so glad we went to Coal & Lumber. The space is cozy and the staff friendly and helpful. And then there's the food - everything is so beautiful - and just as delicious. I sat facing the open kitchen, and it was so much fun to watch the chefs plate the food. I wish I had better pictures to do that justice but you know, you don't really want to disturb people! So you will have to go there and watch, yourself.

I/we started with a summer squash salad that is out of this world - I mean really. Like, go there and order it now. Thinly sliced, crisp squash with the perfect light creamy dressing, with just the perfect amount of lemon. a light fresh creamy flavor, with a few pine nuts sprinkled on top. You kind of have to go in summer and order this. I don't even really usually talk about vegetables! My husband had an arugula salad that he says was (expletive) amazing - with cherries. He ate every bite, and now tat I think about it, he didn't share ay with me.

For dinner, we ordered the ribeye and the glazed chicken. They have their own old-fashioned looking rotisserie oven right next to the dining room, and the chicken was cooked perfectly and nicely flavored. The steak was just fantastic. Clearly they have so much fun coming up with the plating - but the thing is, the food tastes just as good! The steak is served with wild rice and a delicious, light corn salad - and shishito peppers. it's just a lot of fun on a plate. We knew we were over-ordering, but we didn't care. It will be just as good today!

We were unfortunately too full for dessert -next time!

The thing is, the food tastes as good as it looks. And that's important - this isn't just for show. And clearly, someone is putting a lot of love in in that kitchen. This is food fit for foodies. It's hard to put a price on food this good. Look, it made us happy to look at the dishes, and to eat them.

Also, we stopped in downstairs on the way out, and the separate bar there by the same owners looks like it will be fun, too. They're working up a pizza menu that looks delicious. They will also be opening for lunch downstairs, soon. We will give this a try when we're back.

This was a summer visit so it's also so nice to be relaxed and take a little more time with a meal. We'll be back, but it will be harder to get in in the winter for sure, so make sure to make those reservations, and also understand it will be tougher to get this beautiful food out as fast. Be nice - these folks are working hard!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My friend & I had dinner at Coal & Lumber for the first time on Sunday evening. We shared "Beets 5 ways" which was amazing. The beets were roasted, pickled, beet chips - I can't remember the other two preparations but it was delicious. Large serving - enough for two.
I had Duck Confit which was not the usual preparation. The duck pieces were served with homemade noodles, cherries and whole grain mustard with honey. My friend ordered the cannelloni which she enjoyed. Each entrée was enough for two.
I can't wait to return to taste more items on the menu. We were too full to try dessert.
Located on the corner of Main Street and Heber Ave. - easy parking.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Excellent shrimp and grits with a marinara-type sauce on it. Chicken with waffle was very good and very large.