“Service great. Food questionable.”
Review of Powder

Powder
Ranked #18 of 291 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy elevated comfort food inspired by mountain regions from around the world. Treat yourself to a mouthwatering seasonal menu inspired by the finest local ingredients at the ideal place to gather for aprés ski beverages with unique fresh and flavorful menu offerings for the entire family.
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Our server, Mike was excellent from start to finish. My husband and I ordered drinks, salads and entrees... here’s how it went: I ordered their high end Chardonnay by the glass ($19) and Mark ordered Canadian Club old fashioned- both the best we had ever had - great start. Next, Mark ordered the Caesar and I had the artisan green salad. His was fabulous - mine, the taste was vinegary and some of the greens were not fresh ... kind of slimy. Mike immediately took it away asking if we wanted another Caesar, but we said no, we’re fine just sharing this one. No biggie - on to the next course..it was between the Wagyu beef flank steak or the buffalo tenderloin. I was leaning toward the wagyu (was really craving steak) but Mike said he thought the Buffalo was far better and that I would be happy with the meat, that it was ‘steak-like’.. well here’s where thing took a bad turn. I really hated the first bite - didn’t like the taste (old and gamey) and it seemed purple, although I ordered Medium. Mark liked his more- his seemed cooked more than mine, even though he ordered it Medium Rare. He said - I actually like it the more I eat it... so I thought - I can not complain again, it’s me and I happen to be starving and this is a $42 piece of 6 ounce meat - my taste is off. So when Mile came by I didn’t speak up (my bad). I finally gave up on trying to eat it and gave the remaining big chunk of meat to Mark. He took a small bite and then another and said - “this meat is bad.” Well, after Mark said the meat was just bad we called Mike over and he was incredible. He said that no one should ever feel bad about ‘complaining’ if they were sitting in his section. He said -“I’m going to fix this.” About 15 minutes later he brought out the Wagyu and it was phenomenal. While we were waiting he offered more drinks, which we declined ... just not big drinkers. The bill was right around $100.00, so I think our drinks and salads were taken off, with 2 entrees in the 40-50 dollar range and salads in the 15-18 range plus pricey drinks. I do feel it was appropriate, however, I do think Mike turned around the experience that evening from being horrible to us feeling good and smiling when we left.

WAPC, Manager at Powder, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hello Kim M,

Thank you so much for reviewing Powder at Waldorf Astoria Park City. We truly appreciate all of your comments regarding your dinner, and we apologize that your food was anything short of amazing. We will be utilizing your comments with our team as a training tool to elevate our service. However, we are happy to hear that Mike was able to assist with anything you needed.

Kindest regards,
Powder at Waldorf Astoria Park City Management Team

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Powder is at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City. Friends suggested it and four of us sat on the porch overlooking the interior courtyard and pool of the hotel, with a view of the mountains above. It was a quiet night and service was good and friendly but not teriific. The appetizers we had ranged from oysters to yellow gazpacho to summer pea salad. Entrees from pasta to buffalo tenderloin to giant port chop. The pasta was a bit undercooked but had a great sauce. Everything else was terrific. Ambiance good too. Not inexpensive but also moderately reasonable.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

The restaurant is pretty and has some outdoor seating. One of the appetizers did not taste good at all, but they were really nice about it and removed it from our bill. Our waiter, Steven, was amazing. He was very friendly and honest about food and drink recommendations which we so so appreciated! The salmon and bison entrees were very good, as was the red velvet cake for dessert.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

If you want a great cocktail this is the place. It has a full bar and a wide selection. However this is not the place I would go for dinner. It lacked in options, the food was just okay, and the in our case the food took a long time to arrive at our table.

WAPC, Manager at Powder, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hello bj042018,

Thank you for reviewing Powder at Waldorf Astoria Park City. We sincerely appreciate your comments and will use them when creating our new menus.

Kindest regards,
Powder at Waldorf Astoria Park City Management Team

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We celebrated my birthday at this restaurant. It was fabulous. The food and service were excellent and it was not as expensive as you would think.