“My SKI Vacation at Park City Marriott”
Review of Park City Marriott

Park City Marriott
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Bath, North Carolina
“My SKI Vacation at Park City Marriott”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

For the first time in 5 years I used my Marriott points to stay at the Park City Marriott in January 2012 and took my kids on a ski trip. I stay almost every week at the Marriott when I travel for work and for once it was nice for the kids to enjoy. Upon checkin I was given Concierge status and did not question because my points were being utilized. However after staying there for 4 days the key did not work to get to concierge level. My kids were there eating breakfast. WE were running late for a ski lesson so when I went to the front desk I was told I was not allowed on the concierge level and that I did not understand what concierge meant and I was not allowed to go there. When I told them my kids were already up there I was still told I was not concierge level and that I would not be allowed. I was never so humiliated and embarrassed by how I was treated by the concierge manager everyone heard the whole thing. Marriott has always been my number one choice for hotels int he 20 years since I have been employed. Now I dont; think I every want to stay at a Marriott again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Marriott hotel in Park City. Utah was a great place to hold a conference and get in some skiing. The hotel had a large conference area yet was small enough that you still felt some personal service. The hotel only has 4 floors, the top floor is for Marriott's Platnumn members. The conference area is off the third floor so just off the elevators but out of the way for those just coming for a vacation. The rooms are large and pretty quiet (unless they overlook the patio and bar) beds are comfortable, The bathroom has an extra sink outside the bathroom so it's easy with multiple people in the room. The gym seems nice but I didn't use it since I was there to ski. The pool is nice with lounge chairs for after skiing. The one complaint is the hot tub as it's too small when the hotel is full and people are enjoying it after skiing. Once of the best parts of the day is the hot apple cider (with or without rum) and cookies as you come in from skiing! The staff is very friendly and they have regualar shuttles into town which takes about 10 minutes so the location is great. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Join the loyalty rewards program
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Debbie B, General Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Thank you for the positive review. We are thrilled that our staff and property exceeded your expectations and allowed you to relax and enjoy your conference and ski trip. On behalf of the entire team here at park City Marriott, we look forward to your return visit and hope to welcome you again.
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I ran a conference at the Park City Marriott and was pleased overall. The meeting space and banquet staff were great!

The rooms were also updated and comfortable. Only downside is the ones that face the inner courtyard (of which mine was one) didn't feel like they got enough natural light.

The concierge lounge was great, although overrun with kids. Another note about the lounge, while you may get a room on the concierge floor, it doesn't automatically give you lounge access, in fact, it just makes it annoying because you have to insert your key card in the elevator to get to your floor, but get no reward for it. Also, I had a late flight and didn't check in until 2am. I was supposed to have lounge access and when I asked the front desk clerk to confirm that I have access, he barked back "NO YOU DON'T!" I got it straightened out in the morning though, so all was fine.

There is a bus stop for the free Park City bus right at the hotel, and a 7-11 next door for all your needs. Of course, now that I write this, saying it's next to a bus stop and a 7-11 makes it sound bad, the 7-11 is enough distance away not to annoy you, and the bus stop is on the side street.

Park City is a wonderful city, and you wont be disappointed by the Park City Marriott.

OH, and there's free undergound parking!

Room Tip: Unless you have concierge lounge access, don't get excited by a room on the fourth floor. You...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
We are pleased to read that you had an overall positive experience at The Park City Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to share with us where we were able to exceed your expectations and the areas where we missed the mark. We apologize for any experience where you were not treated with the respect you deserve as a valued customer. We look forward to serving you again as a guest to Park City Marriott.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. the rooms were very nice, the ambiance was perfect for a relaxing weekend. I went for a conference there and the set up was perfect! the accommodations were very convenient for lunch and conference room with everything being very close by. the parking was also very reasonable and free. Enjoyed it and will be back in 2013! thanks!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Debbie B, Director of Sales at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to provide a positive and relaxing experience for all of our guests. Please stay with us again, our management team looks forward having you as a guest.

Debbie Batt
Director of Sales
Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The four of us stayed at the Park City Marriott 2/21/12-2/25/12 for a family ski vacation. The hotel is a very nice mid-level Marriott property. The room was big and the bed very comfortable. The bell staff and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. A couple of unexpected bonuses were the free shuttle to/from Park City Resort (during the day) and Main street (evenings). The free city bus is an option, but makes lots of stops.
Oh, and I can't forget the welcoming warm cider (with or without) rum when we returned from a long, cold day of skiing! Nice touch.

The hotel is not within walking distance to the ski resort or Main street, so if you just want a quick bite, and don't have a rental car your options are limited. This was the only drawback to the property IMO.
I'd stay again, but might consider having a car at my disposal

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Owen1607
Thank you for sharing with us your experience here at Park City Marriott. We value our guests and know that our staff takes pride in providing a welcoming stay. We are glad that the shuttles were able to get you around town. Feel free to talk with us at the front desk so that we can help you find the transportation option that best meets your needs. We invite you to come back soon and look forward to having you as a guest again

Debbie Batt