“Very nice setting, would return”
Review of Wahso

Wahso
Reserve with OpenTable
Wahso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 273 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$27 - US$45
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
Description: Warm finger towels, deep jade table settings, curtain booths, and attentive service call back the Jazz-era Orient. A collection of Asian art befits the artistic offerings that emerge from the grill. Start your evening off with a sake martini shaken table-side, followed by Steamed Pork Buns, Hamachi Tar Tar, or Red and Gold Beet Salad. For entrees, house favorites Miso Black Cod, Roasted Duck Breast, and Marinated New York Steak. Inventive desserts like the Coconut Crème Brulee, a freshly hallowed coconut creatively filled with fresh coconut, served with chocolate dipped macaroons, will temp you to linger. Fodor’s Editor’s Choice Award 2006 (Top Ten Restaurants in the World).
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Nearing the end of the ski season, the restaurant was very quiet. We both thought the food and service was very good, although a bit pricey (but it is Park City).

Bill W, Owner at Wahso, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Wahso. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal and service. We work very hard to provide the best service on Main Street. Please let us know if you have any further comments by emailing agamble@billwhiteenterprises.com. We look forward to having you dine with us again soon!
BW

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Wahso is a quiet and sofisticated dining room. We sat in a private booth which was a nice way to visit with our family but I was a little disappointed that they didn't really get to enjoy the flowers and decorations out in the larger dining area.
Drinks are a little pricy as are the appetizers. We shared the Kung Pao shrimp, pork buns and spring roll appetizers. They were all wonderful!
For dinner so we had the scallops, the lamb, the duck and the pork short ribs. The scallops and the lamb were very good. The duck was about average and the presentation of the pork short ribs kind of turned my daughter-in-law off to the meal. They were served in a bowl with kim chi, ramen noodles, an egg and broth. I could tell she was trying to like it but she was not a fan of the sous vide egg! I'm going to write this off as a mistake in ordering but it was such a waste of a meal ($39).
We shared coconut brûlée and bananas foster for dessert. Both were good but not great. I prefer when the bananas foster is prepared table side.
I will probably go back to Wahso but only if the atmosphere is as important as the food quality. You can get a great Asia meal for much less in the strip mall at Red Rock but it's not a romantic or private meal like Washso's dining room provides!

Bill W, Owner at Wahso, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Wahso. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to provide better service and food in the future. I am glad to hear that you and your group had a good time dining at Wahso, although I am sorry to hear that your daughter-in-law did not enjoy her entree. Did you inform a server that the entree was not what she had expected or that she did not like it? Our policy is to ensure that all of our guests leave happy and satisfied. We look forward to seeing you and your group again soon! If you have any further questions or comments, please email agamble@billwhiteenterprises.com.
BW

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I went to Wahso with few friends earlier in the week and the food was amazing. It was so good that I decided to make reservations for when my family got to Park City. The serving was amazing our waiter was very attentive and made sure that we were taken care of. My daughter ordered the Korean Chicken, my wife ordered the filet mignon and I ordered the cod with miso. All were excellent, however the filet with broccoli was the best. The beef was so tender you could cut the steak with a fork. The Korean Chicken was also a great pick, served with Yukon potatoes. The chicken had an amazing flavor and was very moist. My fish was excellent however the portion was very small not enough to feed a Texan like me. The good news was that the waiter recommended the cheese cake which was outstanding we split it three ways and that topped me off. I highly recommended this restaurant you will not be disappointed.

Bill W, Owner at Wahso, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you for the amazing review of Wahso! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us. We hope to see you back the next time you are in Park City!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

We were celebrating our son's birthday and most of the food was quite good, but his scallop entree was so fishy tasting that he was unable to eat it. We told the waiter who spoke to the chef, only to be told that the dish was supposed to taste that way. Perhaps we should have been more assertive because the dish sat in front of him while the rest of us ate our dinners. He was not offered another dish, even though the waiter clearly saw him eating off my plate because he was hungry.
The waiter was actually very good and seemed to feel bad about it. He offered to buy us dessert but we just wanted to leave. The desserts were all quite rich anyway
We were quite surprised to see the $44 charge for the uneaten scallops.
We will not return. Our birthday celebration dinner ended up being very disappointing.
I've never had this kind of experience before, where a chef doesn't care if the pricey entree is edible.

1  Thank FrannyGP

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and frustration with your experience at Wahso. We would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of customer service you were shown. We strive to provide the absolute best customer service and obviously fell short of the mark. The scenario described in your review is not how we treat our customers and certainly not the way we handle problems. The uneaten dish should have been promptly removed and replaced for your son once he spoke to the server about not liking it. We are very sorry that this error occurred, and more so while you and your family were celebrating.
We take all feedback very seriously and will use this input to train and direct our staff in the future. We hope that you give us the opportunity to show you the high service standard at Wahso and provide you with an improved experience. Please email agamble@billwhiteenterprises.com if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you again for your review.
BW.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I feel bad giving this place a bad review but what happened tonight at my birthday dinner was inexcusable in my opinion. I will start by saying our waiter was wonderful and gave us great service. The meal started well although we were seated 20 minutes after our reservation. Our appetizers were excellent and cocktails delicious. Then came the main course. There were three of us and we ordered the duck, the salmon and the scallops. The salmon dish was excellent. The duck was great although it had a pile of gross tasting noodles as a side. The scallops which I had were far and away the worst I've ever tasted. Scallops is one of my favorite foods and I eat them a lot so I feel I know what I'm talking about. The scallops appeared well prepared but had a strong unpleasant fishy taste. They were served on a big pile of the disgusting smoke flavored noodles (also mushy and over cooked) mixed with little delicate mushroims that could not be tasted over the strong smokey taste from the noodles. There were also some burnt carrots mixed in which were sort of edible. I ate half of one scallop and figured maybe just one of them was bad so i tried a second which was worse than the first. When the waiter asked how the food was I said politely that I was not crazy about the dish. An understatement as I am really not one to complain unless something is really awful. He seemed to feel bad as he knew it was my birthday and asked what the problem was. I told him. He said he would tell the chef. He didn't offer me anything else and left the nasty plate of bad scallips in front of me while everyone else ate. I didn't eat another bite and handed back a full plate of food at the end of the meal. The waiter came back out and said he told the chef and the chef said that's how it is supposed to taste. Then walked away. The waiter offered to buy me dessert but we didn't really like any of the options and decided not to get anything. We were then brought the check where we were charged $44 for the inedible scallops. The waiter gave me an extra fortune cookie as if that would make all well. I am now spending the rest of my evening on the toilet with stomach cramps instead of going out with friends for my birthday. every time I have ever been in a restaurant and someone at my table didnt like what they ordered they were offered something else, the unliked food was taken away and NEVER EVER charged for the unliked dish. Considering the scallops made me sick its more ridiculous. The fortune cookie thing was almost insulting. My evening was ruined. They didn't seem to care.

Ben P,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Wahso. I am truly sorry to hear of your poor experience. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the lack of service and care you were shown. We work incredibly hard to train our staff to show a high level of care and compassion toward each guest. The moment you expressed distaste with your entree, your server should have taken it back and offered you another option.
I want to assure you that we take all feedback very seriously and will use this input to coach and direct our staff in the future. That being said, the fact that you did not receive impeccable service is very concerning.
We hope that you give us the opportunity to show you an improved experience. Please email agamble@billwhiteenterprises.com if you would like to make a reservation in the future.
Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us.
BW.