“Just as good the 2nd time!”
Review of Chimayo

Chimayo
Reserve with OpenTable
Chimayo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 283 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
Description: Step through the door, and you’ll think you stepped across the border. Festive lighting, wrought iron detail, Southwestern throw pillows in each booth and an authentic Mexican tile floor create this fabulous illusion. Start with a signature Chimayo Margarita, a local’s favorite. Don’t miss the dipping sauce that’s served with the fresh baked bread. Favorites include the Crown Roast of Barbecue Spareribs with a chipotle and caramelized pineapple glaze served with buttermilk whipped potatoes and Dos Equis beer-battered onion rings. The Mexican Chocolate Fondue for four served with a tureen of melted espresso-cinnamon chocolate with dipping favorites of cinnamon sugar churros, peanut butter cookies, Mexican wedding cookies, banana, pineapple, and seasonal berries is sure to finish this delectable experience with a warm cozy feeling.
Reviewed 22 March 2017

After falling in love with Chimayo during our trip in 2016, we decided to give it another a try and see if it was as good the 2nd time. We were not disappointed! We had a reservation for 6 people and were seated promptly. We were given a table on the main floor all the way in the back right next to the entrance to the kitchen. We asked our server if there any other tables and there were not so we stayed put. It turned out to be fine as it was almost like we were in a private nook. We all started with the Lux Margarita which is their "cadillac" of margaritas. At $13.50 they should be outstanding and they were! We ordered the Queso and the Guacamole for the table to start. Both are delicious. Love the snow crab with the Guacamole and the flatbread with the Queso is so good. Our favorite entrees were the Duck Enchilada, Fajitas (with steak and shrimp) and the Salmon. Two of us filled up on the Queso and the Guacamole and only had room for the Stuffed Avocado with Marinated Vegetables for dinner. Still an outstanding choice and not as small as you would think! I think the prices are reasonable for an excellent meal with great service on Main Street. If you wish to pay less, you will have to eat at a chain/fast food restaurant that lacks excellent service. Not a single complaint. Chimayo has become a must go to during our annual visit. Can't wait to return.

Bill W, Owner at Chimayo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review of Chimayo! You have no idea how much we value these. I am very glad to hear that your group enjoyed your time dining with us this year. Thank you for your loyal business. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

This was actually our favorite meal we had in Park City. Food was delicious - our group had duck enchiladas, chicken nachos, trout fajitas and steak/shrimp fajitas. Everyone loved their meals and portions were generous! We had a lot of food left over so I recommend maybe sharing if you aren't too hungry. Margaritas were awesome - we were finally served a cocktail in Park City that had alcohol content in it.

The ambiance here was also great! We ate upstairs and I would recommend requesting a table upstairs vs downstairs. Downstairs seemed very hectic and loud. I think they put all the families with very young children down here:).

Overall, highly recommend Chimayo. We will definitely return on our next visit to Park City.

Bill W, Owner at Chimayo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of Chimayo! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us. Please let us know if you have any additional comments regarding your meal with us by emailing agamble@billwhiteenterprises.com. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

The food is nothing special at all. And I mean at all. cheese dip $20. fajitas with probably 6oz steak-two shrimp $44, chicken nachos $39, sparerib crown $49 (I am guessing boiled ribs, really mediocre at best). Silly pricing for food that should cost 1/3 of the charge. To be honest I feel terrible for eating there. Not a good place to take small children as it is excessively loud. Our person who filled the water glasses "Johnny" was awesome otherwise the service was poor. Waited an hour between cheese dip and entrees. Won't be back.

Hello Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Chimayo.
I am truly sorry that we did not get the timing of the food right and that the food was not impeccable on the night of your dinner. We always strive to provide the best food, service, and ambiance, and I am sorry that we fell short of that mark. It was a very busy evening and we clearly were not at our best that night.
We would like to invite you to join us again. Please email agamble@billwhiteenterprises if you would like to give us another try. I sincerely apologize for your experience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation on Open Table for 7. Got an email stating reservation was for 9:30. Got to restaurant at 6 and asked for them to accommodate me and fix the error. Very unhelpful and not friendly at all. Told I would wait for 3 hours. But I think this is a Utah thing. Evidently, they don't think it is hospitable to have a bar where diners can order a drink and appetizers while they have a 3 hour wait for a table! How strange! I'm going back to Vail or Aspen next ski trip. They know how to treat diners better.

Hello Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Chimayo. I am sorry to hear of the confusion in your reservation time. I can assure you that we do all that we can to accommodate each guest that walks in the door. Unfortunately during the busy winter season we can sometimes be limited in what adjustments to reservations we are able to make. I am sorry to hear that this affected your experience with us. If you do find yourself back in Park City, we hope that you are willing to give us another try. If you have any further comments or if you would like to make a reservation, please email agamble@billwhiteenterprises.com.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Went to chimayo thinking it was going to be standard Mexican cuisine but was not at all. All the food was good but definitely not Tex Mex. Good food , ok atmosphere, great server. Was pricey. If back in Park City probably wouldn't return but not because the food wasn't good.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your positive review! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere of Chimayo. We work very hard to provide each guest with a 5-star experience. We do hope that you join us again at Chimayo. Please feel free to email agamble@billwhiteenterprises.com if you have further comments or if you would like to book a reservation.
Thanks!