“Best Mexican Food in Utah”

Cantina Southwestern Grill
Ranked #38 of 241 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I tried so many Mexican restaurants in Utah trying to find decent and authentic Mexican food. Cantina is the best place by far. I've been here many times and all items are great. Very cool chips and salsa bar. Try the chicken flautas-amazing!

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Went to lunch with my engineer and really enjoyed the quality of the food and the price.. What a great lunch spot,. I will be back..

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

I am addicted to the Mango salsa at this place. We don't go often, but have been happy with the food and service every time we have gone.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Atmosphere was interesting, staff were friendly. Salsa bar included with meal. About 8 different choices including hot bean queso! They were all so yummy I couldve had just that for a meal. Ordered the shrimp fajitas and it came out very lovely! Lots included with this dish, was so much food. All very tasty, staff a little slow but nice that there was water container already on table for self service. Waitress forgot my pina colada but it was pretty amazing when I did get it!

Reviewed 7 October 2016

After a movie, we decided to give this place a try. I LOVE Mexican food, so was pretty excited to try it. The people, service and atmosphere were great, but the food and drink were not. The salsa brought out with our chips was not good. I payed $ extra for the Chile relleno, and my mom got the cheese enchilada plate. They both looked and tasted pre made and re-heated. We also ordered virgin Margaritas that tasted like soda with strawberry flavored syrup. The only redeeming part of the meal was the salsa bar (which I didn't find out about until the meal was almost over) I thought this place was also pretty pricy. Keep the salsa bar, use one of those good salsas to bring out with the chips, make the food fresh, and I will be back!