“Brunch experience, excellent food.”
Review of La Caille

La Caille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Caille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 231 Restaurants in Sandy
Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3500 E. 9500 S.
Reviewed 9 January 2018

With some visiting friends we decided to have Sunday brunch at La Caille. We were hoping to walk around the beautiful grounds, but because of weather and slippery ground this was not possible. Brunch is served at La Caille starting at 10:00 am. (ending at 2:00 p.m.) We booked for 12:00. Interestingly this meant that by the time we finished our meal, the place emptied out. The brunch menu is heavy on omelets. I selected filet mignon benedict (basically eggs and ham with a small filet side) $39, wife had sea bass. The meals were served with freshly baked croissants. We preferred to have some bread. We asked for that, and they freshly baked a whole loaf for us (their excellent bread is normally served at dinner time.) They even packed the remainder of the loaf for us to take home. Wife thought seabass was excellent, for me the eggs were fine, but the small filet could have been more tender. Our friends really liked their meals. The friend had asked for a Bloody Mary which has somehow been forgotten. When we reminded the waitress of this omission, they apologized, brought the drink and offered us free deserts. A gesture we really appreciated.

We tried to finish the meal with espressos all around. Unfortunately, the coffee served was not espresso. The amount served in the cups had too much water, and the taste was not there. We discussed this extensively with the waitress serving us, and I am sure in future they will fix the problem. My guess is that their espresso machine requires tuning by an experienced barista.

The service by our waitress was excellent. She was helpful and good humored and took our criticism in stride. It was very nice to have a waitress who really took her job very seriously.

I would recommend the brunch at La Caille, especially in good strolling weather, to enjoy the beautiful grounds. I must emphasize though that the great food, service and ambiance does not come cheap.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

This place first stands out as you enter the gates and just gets more magical as you drive. Peacocks are amongst the multitudes of animals parading through the carefully maintained grounds. Water, bridges and swans are abundant as you await your name to be called. We always show up early for a reflective walk amongst the gardens. Then you are called inside the quaint farm building and as you walk to your table the things on the walls grab your attention and engross you as you read what they are. At the table the dinner begins and is superb in every course. We were celebrating our 45th anniversary and the staff took care of us all night. It was superb!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Excellent, delectably wonderful dinner! Best my wife and I have had in our 30-year history of going to this restaurant (different owners in past). Fabulous service! La Caille and Log Haven are best in UT...wouldn't miss either! The wine menu is a unique gem in Utah, and Steven knows what he is doing. While the menu is likely to change, would not hesitate to eagerly partake in future editions! We started with the complimentary and superb sample of squash soup and a sliver of steak (fab!!). We split Mushroom with truffle risotto, and the Buratta salad was amazing....a larger portion would have been an amazing meal. Then to coconut sorbet cleanser (I don't like coconut at all...but I Really liked this!). The Filet was fantastic and snitched wife's tasty seabass. Wow! Wife not shy and asked neighbors about an aged beef special, which was reportedly also a true treat. We'll be back for dessert another time as lacked room after appetizers. It was that good!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

In an effort to say something unique about this restaurant, I want to emphasize the beauty and social/environmental consciousness of the entire enterprise. They invited us to take a walk around the grounds after our sumptuous brunch which we did enjoying the pristine manicured lawns, but also the organic gardens and vineyards. We loved seeing the chickens, the peafowl, the swans and ducks. The fall setting (end of September) was incomparable. Thank you for the whole experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I was lucky enough to not only dine at La Caille, but also to stay in the lovely Cottage. My dinner was fantastic, from the first amuse bouche (Jerusalem artichoke) through the last bite of dessert (Bananas Foster - what a show), everything was delicious, and artfully presented.

I began with a pear salad (much larger than I expected), followed by another amuse bouche (Venison), Brussels Sprouts - on the stalk - how unique and delicious, and then my entree, locally raised Rack of Lamb (superb). The house-made raspberry sorbet intermezzo was stellar, so fresh. We shared the Bananas Foster, and Malin, our wonderful waiter, was so excited to prepare it for us. Even though he must have prepared this thousands of times (he's been there over 20 years), it felt as if it was still a thrill for him (as it was for us).

My friend had the lobster bisque to start, and then the filet mignon, which he said both were fantastic.

They have a nice assortment of mocktails, and the La Caille Seyval Blanc wine was smooth and delicious.

The cottage was a pleasant retreat in the woods. From the fireplace to the hot tub and the huge, 4-poster bed, it was such a treat to stay there. The furnishings are beautiful and homey, and the breakfast that they delivered was delicious (a huge basket of pastries, croissants and homemade granola. If you get the chance, spend the weekend!