“Solid Choice”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-15
Description: A fine dining restaurant in a casual setting. We offer 4 fireplaces, 4 private rooms, main dining room, full bar, exceptional staff and mouth watering food.
Reviewed 24 January 2018

We've been to Carvers regularly over the years. It is a solid choice for a bit more upscale dinner in the south valley. It is not as expensive as other steak houses in Salt Lake but still delivers quality meals.

For starters the Shrimp Cocktail is your best best. It is nothing fancy but the shrimp are fresh and the sauce has a nice zing to it.

For the salad choice the Spinach is my favorite. The apples have a nice change of texture, the spinach leaves have always been fresh and i like the dressing.

Steak is the best bet at Carvers. The Rib-eye the best cut. My daughter loves the Whiskey Peppercorn sauce and my wife likes the Tournadoes Oscar.

We rarely have room for dessert.

If you are fortunate to get the tall, female, server with the short, blond hair, you are in for a treat. She is exceptional and I wish I could remember her name. The other servers we have had are good but do not stand out as she did.

This is not the best steak house you will ever visit but it is a solid choice and delivers good food without the extravagant pricing of other steakhouses in the valley.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We choose to sit on the bar side... It is quieter and you get the same menu as the restaurant and a big screen for sports. My fallback is the tornadoes Oscar. Usually can walk in with no reservations. 30 seconds off off freeway

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The food was fine, not spectacular. The service was good, not great. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I was hoping for a classy treat, but it turned out to be very run of the mill. Not a bad experience, but I think I will skip going here in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Saturday night dinner, service was good, but there ribs were overcooked, cold, and not very appetizing. The server did replace the meal, however, the Touranados Oscar were only slightly better, and there was only crab meat on one of them. Hand cut fries were still raw on the first order (ribs), undercooked on the second order. I deferred on the desert, which was offered as complimentary for my meal...
The salad would have been good is it hadn't been plated in the afternoon and left in a too cold refrigerator.

1  Thank JPC_TP
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Had a ribeye steak with au gratin potatoes. Delicious! Steak was cooked perfectly, potatoes were great. Music was a little louder than I wanted, that's a very mild gripe. Highly recommended!!