“Outstanding Steaks and Ribs at Texas Roadhouse in Riverton, UT”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #2 of 244 Restaurants in Sandy
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

If you ask my husband and I about Texas Roadhouse, we will tell you it's a regular place for us to stop in at and have dinner. We love that place. It's always lively, and the food is fabulous for a very reasonable price. Because we've lived all over the country due to my husband's work and now in retirement, we've eaten at numerous restaurants that serve steak and prime rib. But none of them has food as good as this place. We often go there, and my husband orders "Road Kill" -which is a hamburger steak, cheese, and which comes with two sides. He gets sautéed onions and mushrooms, which we share. I love their rib eye steak and get apple sauce with it. I've also had their ribs, which are excellent. Some of the other sides are baked sweet potato, baked Idaho potato, Cole slaw, beans, etc. They have a way of grilling the meat that is first class! One can also get a NY strip, a T-bone, or a filet mignon.

This place accommodates large families and smaller groups like the two of us. The service is friendly, the décor is quite normal for a roadhouse. When you first come in, you can dip into a huge barrel filled with roasted peanuts, and their shells go on the floor. One also sees a freezer display with gorgeous cuts of beef in it. The service is attentive. As expected, the noise level can get pretty high on Friday and Sat. nights.
The prices are very reasonable, about $15 for my ribeye steak. Attention is put on grilling it to the customer's request, medium, for example, for me and medium well for my husband. There is plenty of parking, seating for those waiting -both inside and outside the restaurant. We always ask for a table rather than a booth, and the staff is very accommodating. I can't say enough good for this place!.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We were there when they opened the doors at 4pm and a good thing because when we left, their waiting room was full of waiting people and people waiting outside. Its a chain so their food tasted lime it was supposed to taste. I had a 12oz Ribeye that was cooked medium as I requested. Iur waitress was awesome and I would give her a shout out if ai remembered her name. Good food and great company, it was a good time.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This was the first time I ever dined at a Texas Roadhouse. Typical steakhouse menu, offering a diverse selection. Waitstaff was friendly and curtious. I enjoyed the steak I ordered. No reservations accepted, so you could wait abit for a table.
All in all a good meal. I would return.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is a great place to get a hearty meal and have a good time. I like to take my grandkids for their Birthdays, great photo ops on their saddle they bring to the table and give a fun experience. But the best part is their consistent good food, great steaks at a great price. I only have one negative, and I do not like their prime rib. I know I know, lots of people LOVE it but the spices they use make it taste like a hot dog to me. Call me weird! It doesn't keep me away though because their rib-eye and fillet mignon steaks are perfect.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I went here with 3 work colleagues in a recent trip. The food was good - I had the 4 oz filet, vegetables and green beans. Unfortunately the green beans were delayed and didn't come out until we were almost done eating. During the middle of our dinner, the music became so loud that you couldn't hear yourself talk. This persisted for 2 songs and then finally went back to a reasonable level. I understand a fun atmosphere but this was a little too much. Overall the food was good and service was attentive (just bad luck on the green beans).