“Good Customer Service”

La Frontera Cafe
Ranked #169 of 244 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had a buy one- Get on half-off so we decided to try this place. There were two doors and we weren't sure which to enter, but they both ended up in the same place inside. We went at 4:00 on a Tuesday and it was almost empty. The restaurant was old but fairly clean. Our server was very nice and attentive. The food came hot and it was very plentiful, but the taste was just average. I ordered a packet of sour cream for an extra dollar. This place was okay and the price wasn't too bad, but it wasn't good enough for us to go back.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

La Frontera is one of our stand-by's for a decent, Mexican dinner meal. We've been there several times, most recently about a week ago.
The first thing you notice when you get there is that it is in the corner of a little strip mall. One in, you'll get seated at a table, or one of their funky booths. Nothing really bad about them, but they seem like they are older - when you sit down, you can feel the wood under the cushioning, and the table is at about chest height - so you're sitting a little lower than usual. We just laugh and consider it part of the experience.
They are usually pretty quick to take your order and bring out a basket of chips and salsa. Depending on your server, additional baskets of chips might be free or at charge, so double check before you order or you'll be surprised at the additional charge.
The food there is pretty good. Not sure how authentic it is, but they have beef, carne asada, chicken or beans for most entrees, with the typical selection of burritos, enchiladas, tamales, etc. Portion sizes vary a little from visit to visit, but are typically pretty large - we usually end up taking some home. I usually opt for the beef burritos smothered in cheese and onions. It would be better if it were shredded beef instead of ground, but still tastes great. The carne asada is also very good. Prices have gone up over the last year, so a typical dinner will run you about $12-$15, plus your drink, which isn't unreasonable. All in all, a ggod meal.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I don't mind eating at a dive if the food is good. Unfortunately this dive also has crummy food. I used to love going there for a child verde burrito or cheese enchilada years ago. La Frontera is just opposite to what it used to be. We had terrible wait service and the price of the food was not worth it. The seat I was in was broken. Restrooms were not very clean. I'd look somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

My husband and I both had the chicken burrito smothered in cheese and Chile Verdi. There is a ton of chicken and the cheese and verdi are sooo good. The place is not too crowded and the service was good.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I am so sad about this place, This used to be my family's choice for quick good tasting Mexican food. But the last time I ordered take out (January) . I was totally disappointed. The Chile Verde was very watery and very little meat. The employees seemed very dis-interested. I had great memories of the place. Won't be going back